Chapter Forty-Four

Evans POV

"Okay, we're going to see Amanda right now." I say as Eli throws up for the third time this morning.  He just groans and nods.

It's just Eli and I at home currently. Josh took Nicholas to the pack house with him since our parents wanted to see their grand baby.

I help Eli wash up before we leave the house.

"I'll call Josh when we get to the clinic." I say and Eli nods. His hands are tightly clasped together and he's bitting his bottom lip. I reach over with one hand and squeeze his hands.

"It's going to be okay hun. No matter what the doctor says you know we will always love you. Nicholas will always love you." I reassure him and he threads his fingers through mine. He gives me a small smile and nods.

We reach the pack house three minutes later and we head straight to the clinic. As soon as the nurses see us they rush over but Eli explains what's going on and so they take him to the ultrasound room.

"I'm just going to call Josh." The words barely leave my mouth and the clinic doors slam open. A frantic Josh rushes in with Nicholas in his arms. His eyes meet mine and he heads straight for me.

"What's wrong? Why are you here? Where's Elijah? Are you both okay?" Josh fires question after question while Nicholas makes grabby hands at me saying mummy. I take Nicholas out of Josh's arms and smile at my panicked mate. I grab his hand with my free one and squeeze it to help calm him down.

"We're all okay. Eli's in the ultrasound room. He's been throwing up a lot and so we came to see why." I explain and Josh let's out a relived breath.

"Ok." He nods in relief. I tug on his hand and lead him to the ultra sound room.

"Where we go mummy?" Nicholas asks as we turn the corner to the room.

"We're going to see da." I say and he beams.

We enter the ultra sound room and there sits Elijah, t- shirt rolled up and waiting. Amanda is sitting in front of the machine busy tinkering with it.

"Okay, are you ready?" Amanda asks and Eli nods as we walk up to his bed side. Amanda smiles in greeting as she gets the gel bottle.

"It's going to be cold." She says and squeezes the gel on to Elijah tummy.

"Da?" Nicholas calls with a scared look on his face.

"I'm fine baby." He says as he reaches up and give's Nicholas' hand a tiny squeeze.

Amanda places the wand on Eli's tummy and starts moving it around. She stops suddenly and a tiny heart beat echos.

"Congratulations, you're pregnant." Amanda says. I beam at Eli who's still looking at the screen.

"I-I'm pregnant." He stutters as he looks at us.

"Yes sweetheart you're pregnant." Josh says excitedly. At that Eli burst into tears.

"No cry da." Nicholas cries as he tries to jump out of my arms and to Eli. Elijah stretches his arms out and I let Nicholas jump into his arms.

"I'm fine baby. I'm happy." Eli explains as he hugs our son.

"You're going to be a big brother." Josh say happily as he wraps his arm around my waist. He grabs Eli's shoulder as Amanda wipes the gel of Eli's tummy.

"There's a baby in da's tummy." Josh says to our son. Nicholas looks at Eli's tummy curiously. He pats Eli's tummy gently and looks at Eli.

"Da, you eat baby?" He asks confused and I start laughing.

"No hun, the baby is growing in there I didn't eat it." Eli explains as best he can to a three year old.

"I have all your prenatal medications and vitamins that you need to take. I also gave you something for the morning sickness, it also helps with the nausea." Amanda says as she walks back into the room. I didn't even notice her leave.

"Thanks." Eli says as Josh takes the brown bag from her.

"I'll schedule an appointment for the following week since you're already 4 weeks into your pregnancy. Your six week check up will be more to explain and check on the baby's development. From there we will have monthly appointments." Amanda explains. We all nod. We went through this with me so now we're better prepared.

"Okay that's everything. Any questions?" Amanda asks.

"Is there anything different we have do for Eli for this pregnancy since it's his first?" I ask.

"No luna. It's a normal pregnancy even though everyone's pregnancy's are different so, just see what happens and call whenever you need." We thank Amanda and she leaves. We all walk out of the clinic and head upstairs.

"You ready to tell people or do you want to wait?" Josh asks as we enter the common room of the pack house.

"I want to wait. Make sure that everything's okay then we can tell everyone." Eli says and so we agree to only tell everyone when Eli's done with his 6 week check up.