Chapter Twenty

Evans POV

Waking up and staying awake is becoming less of chore now and this time when I wake up it's to the sight of my two sleeping mates. I smile at their sleeping faces and try to sit up but fail as a sharp pain  shoots down my side. My groaning wakes up both my mates and they quickly rush over to me.

"Baby what's wrong? Do you need me to call Amanda?" Josh asks, worriedly, and I shake my head no.

"I'm fine. I just need to remember not to try and sit up to fast or on my own." I say as Elijah adjusts my pillow behind me so that I am propped up in a sitting position without hurting myself.

"Thanks Eli." I sigh out and he just kisses my forehead.

"How are the two of you doing?" I ask looking at them. Josh's arm is in a sling and his right leg is bandaged. Elijah's neck is covered in gauze and so is his left arm. My heart aches at the sight.

"I'm doing fine love. Don't you worry about me, just worry about getting better." Elijah says and I frown.

"How can I not worry! Look at you both. You're both hurt so bad!" I shout and they both sigh.

"You're right baby, you and Eli are hurt very badly-." Josh starts and I glare at him.

"We're all hurt very badly." I say and he sighs.

"Yeah but you two are more important than me. I couldn't live if anything happened to either one of you." Josh explains and I sigh.

"That's how I feel about you two and I'm sure Eli feels like that too. But we have to all take care of each other. No downplaying how bad we're hurt." I say as I beckon them both over and they both climb into bed with me. It's a tight fit but we manage. We cuddle up together and just talk for awhile. Josh and Elijah fall asleep and I just lay down with them basking in the warmth and comfort of my mates.

-

It's only about an hour later when my room door opens again. Amanda and ,surprisingly, Mila walk in. I smile at them both as they approach my bed.

"Hello Evan. Feeling better than this morning?"Amanda asks as she checks my drips and the heart monitor as Mila sits down on the seat next to the bed.

"A lot better ,surprisingly." I say and she smiles at me.

"That's wonderful." Amanda says.

"Heres your medication. I'll be back later to check on you." She says before she leaves. I take my medication and then turn my attention to Mila who's sitting quietly next to my bed.

"Hi." I greet and smile gently at her as I lay my head back down on Josh's chest and look at her.

"Hey. You feeling better?" She asks and I say yes. We continue talking and she tells me that her physical therapy is going well and she can now walk without her crutches because of how fast she's healing. Her leg is almost completely healed. It's only wrapped for precaution but Amanda said she would be able to get it of by the end of next week or the end of the month at the latest.

As we continue to talk I feel Eli move behind me and his arm tightens around my waist.

"Evan?" He calls out and I pick my head up slightly to at look at him.

"Yes, hun?" I ask and he just sleepily smiles at me.

"Just making sure you're here." He says and I smile sadly at him.

"I'm not going anywhere honey." I tell him and kiss his forehead gently.

"Oh hi Mila." Eli says when he spots her and she smiles and waves.

"Hey."

"How are you feeling?" She asks and Eli just smiles and tells her he's fine. Mila ,Eli and I sit and talk till it's time for Mila to go back to her room to take her meds. We say goodbye and she leaves. Josh is still asleep and I kiss his head and he snuggles further into me and reaches over to grab Elijah. Eli grabs his wondering hand and Josh settles and doses off again.

"He's really tired." I sigh and Elijah nods against my back.  

"He hardly slept when you were unconscious. I tried to get him to sleep but he wouldn't. He'd just lay in bed with me until I fell asleep. He's also become a lot more possessive. He wouldn't let anyone enter your room for almost three days. Only Amanda was allowed in and  he'd watch her like hawk. He wouldn't even let me leave the room. It wasn't until Mark came in here and dragged him out that he calmed down." Elijah explains as he looks at Josh sadly. My heart breaks at Eli's words and I hold Josh tighter.

"Poor baby. He must have been so stressed." I whisper looking down at my sleeping mate.

"He was. He was even worse when I wasn't with him. After the explosion, when we regained consciousness, we didn't see each other or you. I tried looking for you but I was in so much of pain I kind of blacked out. I heard Josh calling our names but I couldn't move. When I woke up again I was in the clinic and one of the nurses was dressing my burns. She told me what happened and I asked about you guys but she wouldn't tell me where you two where or what happened to you guys. She just kept saying you guys were fine but I needed to see you two." Elijah's voice hitches and I kiss his forehead.

"Everything's okay. We're together now."