Chapter Twenty-Two

Evans POV

Unpacking took us almost the whole day. Who knew we had so much crap. Josh and Mark moved the furniture around and set it up neatly. While Elijah and I were sorting out the bedrooms upstairs. Mary and my mother were in the kitchen making sure we had  all the necessary pots and pans. They even left to go and buy more kitchenware since we apparently didn't have enough.

Mila was busy making sure all the beds were dressed and that all the carpets and mats were placed in the correct rooms.

By 8pm we were finally done and throughly exhausted. We were all sitting in the lounge while Mary and my mother were cooking. I was laying across both my mates laps and Mark and Mila were sitting on the two seater facing the tv.

"I can't move." I groan and I hear my mates laugh before Josh's fingers land on my waist and tickle me. I jump up quickly and try to crawl away from him but he manages to grab my thighs and pull me back.

"I got you moving again." He whispers in my ear and I shiver. I smack his hands away from me and crawl into Elijah's lap. Eli chuckles as he wraps his arms around me and kisses my red cheeks. I lay my head on his shoulder and Josh grabs my legs and lays them on his lap. I try to pull them away but he just grips my thighs tighter so I give up and leave my legs in his lap.

Mark's phone dings and he pulls it out of his pocket. A smile etches it's way onto his face as he reads whatever is on his phone before he types a message and then puts his phone away.

"Josh, guess who's coming this weekend?" Mark asks and Josh looks at him and shrugs.

"Caden." Mark say happily and a smile spreads across Josh's face.

"Really!? But he said he couldn't come down before next month." Josh says.

"I know but he managed to get things sorted out earlier so his coming down this weekend and I said you would pick him up from the airport." Mark says and Josh nods excitedly.

Caden is Josh's older cousin. He's the alpha of his own pack up north. He used to live down here with us when he was younger because his parents had passed away and Mark was his only living relative so he was sent to stay here. He's five years older than us making him 23. He left the pack at 18 to look for his mate. He went all over the country looking but unfortunately he hasn't found his mate yet. Last year when he went came back he settled down up north and accidentally started his own pack.

He met a few lone wolves and some how ended up starting a pack. So, his pack is fairly new and he's still getting his footing as alpha. That's the reason he couldn't make it down for our birthday. Josh was disappointed but he knew Caden needed to sort his pack out.

"I'll send you all the details later." Mark says and Josh nods.

"Dinners ready!" Mum shouts and we all stand up and walk into the newly set up dinning room.

"Dig in." Mary says happily as they bring a few more dishes to the table.

After dinner we put all the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and then we say goodbye to everyone. It's already 10pm and I'm exhausted.

"I'm going to bed." I groan as I start walking up the stairs. I hear Josh mumble something before I'm being picked up. I yelp and cling onto him as he carries me up the stairs.

"A little warning next time." I scold as he carries me to our new bedroom. He just chuckles as we enter our room and places me on our bed.

"I'm going to bring Elijah up." Josh says and I nod as I stand up and pull off my t-shirt. I walk over to the chest draw where I packed all my sleep wear and pull out a baggy sleep shirt and pull it on. I pull off my shorts and stay in my boxers not bothering to put on pyjamas pants. I get under the covers and make myself comfortable.

"Josh put me down." I hear Elijah squeal and I laugh. The bedroom door opens and I see a blushing Eli and a smiley Josh enter. Josh places Elijah on his feet and Eli just huffs before walking over to the dresser. Josh just pulls of his t-shirt and jeans and throws them into the washing basket before climbing into bed next to me. Elijah is still changing in the corner.

"Eli! Come to bed!" I whine as I see him walk back to the chest drawer. He sighs and walks towards the bed.

"Why were you taking so long?" I ask as he gets into bed and lays down facing me. Josh is already asleep next to me, arms wrapped around me tightly.

"I needed sleeping shorts." He says as he snuggles closer to me. I just hum and kiss his forehead and wrap my arms around him.

"Goodnight honey." I yawn out, closing my eyes and dosing off.