Chapter Nineteen

Evans POV

"ALPHA!" Is all I hear before we hit the ground. My ears begin to ring and my head feels like it's about to combust. I can't move my body and my vision is blurry. I can't make out the faces of the people who suddenly appear in front of me. My minds racing and the only thing I'm worried about are my mates. Where are they?

I feel my body being lifted and I try to push away to see if I can see my mates but my body doesn't move.

"Mates." I manage to shakily whisper before the world turns black.

-

When I open my eyes again, things are still blurry but I can see much better. My body feels utterly exhausted , I can hear voices around me but I can't place who they belong to and before I know it my eyes close again. This continues for awhile. Me barely being conscious and then slipping back into unconsciousness. My body never feels any less tired all the times I wake up.

The next time I wake up I manage to stay awake much longer than all the other times. The grey walls and the beeping of the heart monitor lets me know I'm in the pack clinic. I blink slowly trying to clear my vision and I try to sit up. My body screams in resistance and as I try to push myself up into a sitting position. The heart monitor starts beeping faster and louder and the door to the room opens quickly. Doctor Amanda rushes in and quickly stops me from moving.

"Evan stop , you're going to rip your stitches." She scolds as she gently helps me back into my previous position.

"What happened?" I croak out and cough. Amanda quickly pours me a glass of water and holds my head up slowly so I can drink it. When my throat finally feels better I push the glass away gently and she puts it back on the bed side table.

"What happened?" I ask her again.

"There was an explosion." She says and before she can continue I interrupt her.

"Explosion! Is everyone okay? Josh and Elijah, are they okay!? I need to see them." I panic and try to sit up again, wanting to see my mates.

"Evan, please don't move." Amanda pleads as she pushes me back into bed slowly.

"I need to see my mates! I need to make sure they're okay!" I protest and she sighs.

"They're fine." She says.

"Really? Where are they?" I ask and she smiles at me.

"I sent them to bed. They haven't left your side since I let them in to see you. It's been two weeks and they needed to rest just as much as you." She explains and my eyes widen.

"Two weeks!" I shout and cough at the same time. Amanda smiles and nods, sadly.

"Yeah. You were hurt severely. The glass from the window sliced your side open and you lost a lot of blood. If we had gotten there any later I don't think we could have saved you. But, thank the goddess we did and we managed to get you into surgery in time." She explains.

"But don't worry to much about all that. For right now just focus on getting better and healing. Thankfully you're healing very well. But because of the amount of blood you lost it's going to take some time until your back to full health again." She continues to explain as she checks my drips and all the machines I'm hooked up to.

"Do you want me to let the alpha and beta know you're awake. Those two where so devastated. They're aren't in very good shape themselves. Elijah had a concussion and some bad burns that are still healing and Josh broke his arm and has a nasty cut on his right leg." She tells me and I start to worry. But I tell Amanda to only tell them when they wake up. I want them to rest and not worry about me. They need to take care of themselves to. Amanda agrees and tells me that my mum is on her way down.

Just a few minutes after Amanda leaves the room, the door opens and my mother comes rushing in, tears running down her cheeks, her eyes sunken in, with bags underneath them.

"Evan." She whispers and I give her a tired smile as she runs up to my bed.

"Oh honey, I was so worried. I love you so much Evan. I love you with all my heart, your my baby. Gosh, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I'm so glad you're okay." She sobs into my shoulder and I mange to slowly rub her back.

"I'm okay mum. Just a small scratch." I joke and she moves her head of my chest and glares at me.

"This isn't a joking matter Evan. I could have lost you. My only child. Do you know how scared I was. I was prettified I was going to never see you again." She cries and I rub her hand.

"I'm sorry mum. I didn't mean to upset you. But I don't like seeing you cry." I say and she sniffs and wipes her tears away as she manages to stop crying.

"How are you feeling honey?" She asks as she sits down next to me.

"I'm still sore but there's not a lot of pain but that's because of the pain medication. But I still feel tired." I tell her as she gently squeezes my hand. My body still feels utterly exhausted and my eyes are starting to feel heavy and I can feel myself falling asleep again. Mum notices and stands up off the bed.

"Why don't you go back to sleep honey. You need to rest. Amanda told me you're healing well. But I'm sure you need more rest." She says as she pulls the blanket up to my chest and turns off the bedside lamp and leaves the room lights on dim.

She kisses my forehead as I close my eyes and I hear her footsteps getting more distant and soon I'm asleep.