Chapter Twenty-Eight

Evans POV

We all look at Bob confused. He's still smiling creepily and staring at Mila and I.

"What are we?" Mila asks as she steps forward.

"You two are beacons of power, age old magic runs through your veins. So powerful it had to be split and held in two vessels." He says dreamily.

"You're still confused." He huffs as he looks at our faces.

"Let me explain..." He says as he tries to wiggle out of Josh's hold but Josh slams him into the tree harder.

"We don't need your explanations." He growls just as enforcers break through the bushes.

"Take him to the cells!" Josh barks and the four enforcers rush over and take bob away. As soon as bob is secure Josh runs over to me. His body crashes into mine and if he didn't wrap his arms around me I would have fallen to the floor.

"You're okay, you're okay." Josh whisper over and over again as he holds me tightly against his chest.

"I know." I tell him and rub his back soothingly.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was trying to convince my frantic heart and panicked wolf." He whispers before I can say anything in response, Josh's lips press against mine gently and I whimper. He adds a little more pressure before moving his lips against mine. The kiss is sweet and I can feel Josh relax against me. I slowly pull back when I hear a throat being cleared and see everyone smiling at us and Caden scowling.

"Nope. No kissing short stack in front of me." He says and Josh laughs while I glare at him.

"He's my mate I can kiss him when I want and whenever I want." Josh sasses back just as my mother and Mary come into view. The relief on my mothers face when she's me makes me feel kind of guilty.

"I can do the same with my sweetheart." Josh looks up and winks at Elijah who turn red.

"Don't you dare defile this innocent child." Caden says dramatically and pulls Eli next him.

Elijah rolls his eyes at the two of them before walking up to us.

"Let's head back. We need to question bob and the hobbit." I say and everyone looks at me.

"What?"

"Bob? Is that the mans name?" Eli asks and I shake my head no.

"Nope. I just couldn't keep referring to him as a psychotic bastard so I named him bob." I explain and they all laugh.

"You named him." My mother says exasperated and I nod as we all start heading back.

"Why bob?" Mila asks and I shrug.

"He looked like a Bob." I say and she giggles.

"We're going straight to the cells, you want to come baby?" Josh asks and I nod.

"Mila want to come?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"I'm going to go back with aunty Mary and aunty Lara." She says. Mila, my mum and Mary all head to the pack house while the rest of us head down to the cells. Our cells are empty because we don't have any problems or disputes with trespassers, rouges and hunters. Since we're located so near to the human town we thought we'd have more trouble with the humans and hunters but surprisingly we don't.

As we descend the stairs Patty stands there holding the keys.

"Last room on the right." He says and hands the keys to Josh. We thank him and head to the room. Josh unlocks the door and Bob perks up when he sees us.