Chapter Twenty-Seven

Evan's POV

The next morning was quite. Everyone woke up late and lazed around. School starts up again next month. We have a lot of time so, we're taking this week off to do absolutely nothing.

"I'm going for a walk, I'll be back soon." I say as I slip on my shoes and both my mate's heads shoot up.

"We'll come too." Elijah says as both he and Josh stand up.

"No. I want go alone." I tell them as I walk up to them. I give them quick kisses and head for the front door.

"Have you guys seen Mila?" Caden asks as he comes down the stairs and I stop.

"She went for a little stroll honey, don't worry." Mary says and Caden nods and I leave.

I walk down the back pathway that leads to the koi pond. The smell of the cool crisp outside air fills my lungs and calms me. I've had this nagging feeling that something bad is going to happen, since I woke up this morning. I brushed it aside, well tried to, but it's keeps coming back. That's why I decided to take a walk. Maybe it will help with the feeling. Its serene and I hear the birds chirping and it calms me slightly.

"Help!!" Some shouts.

"Help!!" Comes the screams again.

The screams sound like Mila's. I sprint in the direction of the screams and they get louder. As I break through the shrubs I see a scared looking Mila fighting a fat, very short, hairy man.

"Let go of me!" She trashes in his arms and he struggles to contain her. He's to busy trying to hold Mila that he doesn't notice me. I come up behind him and slam my hand into the back of his neck hard enough that his head slams forward.

He screams and let's go of Mila and she runs up to me.

"You little bitch." The man growls as he stands up.

He glares at me and I glare right back. He lunges for Mila again but I grab him around the neck and slam him into the ground. People always underestimate me because I'm smaller then most high ranking wolves even though I am one.

The man struggles to get out of my grip as I squeeze his neck.

"Who are you?" I growl out and he scowls at me.

"I asked you a question who are you!?" I shout as I pick him up and slam him up against a tree.

"Now now little one I can't have you killing my wolves." A voice tisks and I turn around to see a tall muscular man standing behind Mila. He's dressed in a three piece suit, like really who does that. He's pale, like ghostly so and he has long black hair that's braided. He wraps his long fingers around her neck and gently moves her hair to the side. His nails elongate and he pushes it up against Mila's throat.

"Let him go." He says as he slowly drags his nail along Mila's throat, drawing blood. I growl but let the man go. He gasps as he takes in the much needed air.

"Great! Now come here." He beckons and I reluctantly walk towards him.

"I can't believe I found you." He says excitedly and I look at him confused.

"Who are you?" I ask and he smiles creepily at me.

"Oh who I am doesn't matter, my little omega." He says and that confuses me further.

"I'm not an omega." I say angrily and he chuckles.

"Not fully. You have omega blood though." He tells me and shock fills me. How'd he know that. My father was an omega but still became the gamma since he had half the gamma gene.

"What do you want?" I growl and that creepy smile of his turns into an evil smirk.

"I'm glad you asked little one. I want you, both of you." He states, looking at Mila and I.

"Why us?" Mila whispers and he looks down at her trembling form. He removes his claws from her neck and shoves her towards me. I manage to catch her before she falls.

I look back at the unknown man and see him licking Mila's blood of his finger. I feel my insides turn at the happy look on his face.

"Mmm, so much power." He hums as he licks his lips.

"To answer your question as to why I want you both, it's because you posses a life force, an ability that I so want." He says as he circles us. The man that I was previously chocking is now standing up straight and glaring at me.

"What in the ever loving hell are you talking about?" I ask, slightly pissed off.

"The power of Ophelia." He says dreamily. Before he can continue his rant he's tackled to the ground. My eyes widen as I see Josh on top of the unknown man.

"Josh!" I shout, surprised. I hear another thud and see the other man on the ground, unconscious with Caden standing over him.

"Oh! baby Alpha to the rescue." The man says ,chuckling, and I'm gonna just call him bob for now. He looks like a bob.

"Shut the fuck up!" Josh growls as he picks the man up. I here rustling and see Mark and Elijah running up to us.

"Are okay!?" Elijah asks panicked as he runs up to me and checks me over.

"I'm fine." I reassure him and hugs me tightly. Caden is already looking Mila over and hugging the life out of her.

"Baby are you okay?!" Josh asks worriedly as he holds bob up against a tree.

"I'm fine Josh." I say and give him a small smile. I'm still tucked safely in Elijah's hold and I don't think he's letting go any time soon.

"What the fuck happened?" Caden asks as he glares at a smirking bob.

"This hobbit looking creep tried to take Mila. I managed to save her but then this psycho maniac comes out of the bushes like some fucking tree ghost and grabs Mila. So I had to let go of the hobbit when he starts cutting her throat. Then he fucking licks her blood of his finger." I rant as I glare at bob who's smiling at me. Its very unnerving.

"What do you want?" Mark asks bob and he looks at Mila and I.

"Them." I see Josh's eyes shift and his claws extend. His voice deepens as he sinks his claws into bobs shoulder.

"I'll kill you." He snarls.

"Now why would you do that? You don't even know what your darling mate is."