Chapter Two

Evan's POV

The next morning when I wake up, I'm alone in Josh's room. The room smells heavenly and I just take in a big whiff before getting out of bed and heading to my room and straight to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and that's when it hits me. I'm 18 today. It's my birthday. I quickly rinse my mouth before rushing downstairs.

"Guys it's ou-.." I start but stop when I see Elijah and Josh staring wide eyed at each other and then the most intoxicating scents hit me.

"Mate." I whisper out, both shocked and confused. The sound of my voice snaps them out of their daze as I walk up closer to them. Josh is the first to move as he wraps his arms around us and pulls us flush against his chest.

"Mine." He growls out as he takes in a deep breath. I feel my cheeks start to heat as Josh continues to sniff us. He gently runs his hand along the curve of my hip. I turn my head slightly and look at Elijah, who's face is as red as mine, and he gives me a small smile. I smile back as Josh purrs. Like really, what is he a cat.

"Oh my!" Someone exclaims and my head snaps to the kitchen archway where Mary, Josh's mother, stands, shock covering her entire face. Elijah and I both try to pull out of Josh's hold, desperately trying to save ourselves from embarrassment but the big oaf starts growling and snarls in his mothers direction. His wolf is on edge.

"Josh stop, that's your mother." Elijah tries to reason with him but he just growls again, tightening his grip on us so hard I know it's going to bruise.

"Mine!" He barks out and pulls us closer then I even thought possible.

"Yes Josh we're yours, now calm down." Elijah says as he rubs Josh's chest soothingly. That seems to calm him down but he's still letting out little growls and looks down at me. I look up at him wide eyed.  Elijah nudges me and tilts his head towards Josh.

I look at him confused. What the hell does he want me to do.

"Tell Josh you're his!" He whisper yells through our mind link and I mouth out an oh as he shakes his head. I look up at Josh who's still growling and looking down at me.

"I'm yours Josh, okay,  so calm down please." I say gently and rub his chest like Elijah did. Elijah and I continue to calm him down and eventually he gains control and we sigh in relief.

"Sorry." He says sheepishly, looking down at us and then up at his mother who's still standing in the kitchen.

"Oh my baby you found your mates, I'm so happy for you!" She cries out as she rushes over and hugs all three of us since Josh hasn't let us go yet.

"Thanks ma." Josh replies with a big smile as he looks down at us. I give him an awkward smile back, before trying to move out of his arms. He realises that he's still holding us and quickly let's go.

"Why don't you boys go upstairs and talk, hmm?" Mary says and we all nod. We silently head upstairs and straight to Josh's room. Oh gosh what's happening?

We enter Josh's room and he closes the door before we all sit down on his bed. We sit there silently looking everywhere but at each other. I hear one of them sigh and I look up to see Elijah looking nervously between Josh and I.

"So, we're mates." He says and I just want laugh at how ridiculously awkward this is.

"Yeah and Josh is one possessive son of a bitch." I mumble and they both burst out laughing and I join in.  The odd and uncomfortable atmosphere breaks away as we laugh at my bad joke and I can feel the tension leave my body.

"We're mates and I'm happy with that." Josh says with a big smile.

"Same here." Elijah sighs out relieved and then they both look at me expectantly. I raise a confused brow at them.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you okay with this?" Josh asks and I just look at them.

Am I okay with this? I've know them both my entire life but I never thought we would end up being mates. I didn't even know I liked boys. As I look at their nervous faces my heart pounds faster. The goddess put us together for a reason, who am I to disagree. So, I just smile and nod.

"Yeah I'm good." I say and they both let out sighs of relief. Before anyone can say anything else, Josh wraps his arms around Elijah and I and pulls us down onto the bed.  My head lands on his chest and  he pulls us close to his body. His warmth radiates and I snuggle closer and blush when I see Elijah smirking at me.

"Comfortable love?" He asks and my eyes widen.

"What did you just call me?" I ask.

"Love." He says with a little smirk but I can see red tint his cheeks.

"Don't call me that." I grumble and he chuckles.

"Why not? I think it's quite fitting." He teases, fake innocence covers his face and I groan. Innocent my ass.

"Josh tell him to stop!" I whine and look up at him.

"Why would I do that baby?" He asks and I huff and hide my face in his chest. Elijah laughs and I growl at him which makes him laugh harder.

"Why are you laughing sweetheart?" Josh smirks down at Elijah and he goes quiet. I peek up at Elijah and see his face is completely red and I giggle. Then I immediately stop. I don't giggle. What the actual fuck was that.

"This is nice." Josh says after we've calmed down and I hum in agreement because this is nice.

"Happy birthday guys." I whisper out. Trying not to disturb the comfortable atmosphere.