Chapter Twenty- Four

Evans POV

"Say what now?!" Mila asks shocked when she hears what Caden says. Before anyone else can say anything, Caden makes his way fully to Mila and picks her up. She looks at us scared as Caden carries her away.

"Ehh, Evan!?" Mila calls nervously.

"It's okay Mila. He won't hurt you. Just let him scent you a little bit so he can get back control. It's only because there's another alpha here, thats why he's acting like this. Once he can't see Josh or smell him he'll calm down. I promise." I explain as I walk behind them slowly but not close enough that Caden will grow more angry. Mila nods shakily at me and I stop following them as Caden enters the first room which just so happens to be the guest room.

"They'll be okay." Elijah say as he walks up next to me as I stare at the closed bedroom door.

"That just happened." I hear Josh say, shock evident in his voice. I turn around to face him and see he's standing in the middle of the lounge with a very confused look on his face.

"Yeah, that just happened." I say as I walk up to him, Elijah following closely behind.

"He finally found his mate." Josh says with a small smile and I nod smiling as well.

"I'm glad it's Mila. I know he'll take good care of her and love her. She really needs all the love and care she can get after what's happened to her." I say as we all sit down on the same sofa Josh was thrown on.

"We still need to figure out who took her and why they took her." Elijah says and I sigh.

"All of this is stressing me out." I groan and bury my head in Josh's neck. He rubs my back gently and kisses the top of my head.

"Dad said that the warriors checked out the warehouse , just to see if there's been any recent activity around there but it looks like its been empty for the last few weeks." Josh explains jut as the guest room door opens. Caden and Mila walk out , Mila with a bright blush and Caden with a slight smirk.

"Hey." Caden says happily when he sees Eli and I. I laugh and stand up to hug him. He picks me up when he hugs me and I groan.

"Long time no see short stack." He says as he places me down and I glare at him. He hugs Eli gently and smiles at him warmly. He's always been gentle with Elijah for some reason. He's always had a soft spot for Eli.We thought maybe they would be mates but that idea went down the drain when Caden turned 18 and couldn't sense his mate.

Caden starts talking to Eli and I see Mila standing awkwardly and looking around. I walk up to her and smile at her.

"What's up ?" I ask her softly and she looks at me with tears in her eyes. My eyes widen and I hug her.

"Why are you crying?" I ask panicked. At my question I hear Caden walk over.

"Darling, what's wrong." Caden asks as he gently takes her out of my arms.

"I'm sorry." She sniffs as she wipes away her tears.

"It's just that, I have a mate. I have family. I thought I lost everything but it just hit me now, seeing all of you together, I have a family. It's just amazing and so overwhelming." She explains as she looks at all of us. Caden is still holding her and he kisses her head and she blushes.

"Aww Mila." I cry as I throw myself at them and Caden manages to catch me without stumbling. I hug Mila while Caden holds the both of us.

"Evan, baby?" Josh calls and I feel his hand rubbing my back.

"I love you Mila." I tell her and I feel her smile into my shoulder.

"Okay enough crying. We need to get everything ready for later." Mila says pulling away and wiping her face and I wipe mine as both my mates hug me.

-

The next two hours are spent with us cleaning, setting out the meat for the braai, making salads and setting up the back yard.

By six everyone has arrived and everything is in full swing. Mark, Caden and Mila are at the braai stand braaing the meat. Josh and Elijah are setting up the fire pit so that we can warm up since it's quite cold , even for werewolves, and we want to sit outside.

"Behold, fire!" Josh shouts when they finally get the fire started and I start laughing. Mary and my mother smile and shake their heads at my silly mate.

"Come here silly." Elijah laughs and Josh smiles brightly at him before walking up to him and wrapping his arms around him, kissing him full on the lips. I laugh as I watch Eli's face turn red. It makes me happy seeing them happy.