Chapter Twelve

Evans POV

After convincing Elijah to help me complete my homework from the whole week of school I missed we had lunch and then met up with Josh once he had finished talking to Mark.

We head back down to the clinic at five in afternoon.

"Hello Alpha , Lunas." Amanda greets and I smile at her. Finally, I'm not the only one being called Luna.

"Hi." I say happily as we walk into the room and straight to Mila's bed. She's sitting up eating some soup. She smiles when she sees us and I wave and walk up to her bed.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I sit down at the foot of her bed.

"Better. My foots healing quicker." She says excitedly and Amanda smiles at the girl as she, Josh and Elijah come towards us.

"Her healing process is speeding up thanks to all the fluids we flushed her with." Amanda explains.

"How much longer till she's completely healed?" Josh asks.

"At this rate, maybe two months minimum. But she's progressing faster then we thought so, maybe by the end of this month or in three weeks all depends how fast her healing get back to normal." Amanda tells us and we nod along.

After checking Mila's vitals and giving her, her medication for the night Amanda leaves the room.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Elijah says with a warm smile and Mila gives him a small smile before turning to Josh.

"Did you find anything?" Mila asks Josh and he shakes his head , looking slightly frustrated.

"I talked to my father and he said that he hasn't heard anything. I called the alphas from our neighbouring packs and none of them have seen anything suspicious going on around their boarders." Josh sighs dejectedly and I rub his back comfortingly.

"But I sent out scouts. They searched around the area were we found you but still nothing. They're going out again tonight and I'm going as well, we're going to try and find the place they were holding you." Josh says.

"Can you remember anything about the place they kept you in before you escaped? Anything around the area that could help us find where it is?" Josh asks her.

"The place was dark. They used candles, there was no electricity." She says.

"Okay so it has to be one of the old wooden cabins in no man's land. Those things were built decades ago and no one's tried to take over the land so no one uses them." Elijah says.

"Anything else you can think off ?" I ask and she closes her eyes , trying to think.

"Fire!" She suddenly shouts and we look at her confused.

"Fire?" I question and she nods.

" There was smoke coming from behind the cabin. As I was running I saw black smoke." She says and Josh nods , looking thoughtful.

"Isn't there an old paper mill next to Larkin's territory?" Elijah questions.

"Yeah, but it closed down months ago. Also, paper wouldn't give of black smoke." Josh says.

"Don't worry we will find out where it is." Elijah reassure Mila who smiles at him sadly.

"Thank you. All of you. You've really helped me, I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you guys." Mila says and I hug her as tears roll down her cheeks.

"You're very welcome." I whisper as I give her one last squeeze.

"I have to go, I told the scouts to meet me at 7." Josh says and so we say goodbye to Mila and head out.

"How long are you guys going to be out?" I ask Josh.

"About two hours because we have boarder patrol at ten." He says and I nod.

"I'll see you two later, bye." He says after kissing both our heads and then rushes out.

"You on boarder patrol tonight?" I ask Elijah and he shakes his head no.

"Great! I won't have to sleep alone." I say as I walk into the kitchen with Elijah following behind me.

"Aww you like sleeping with us now, love." He teases and I blush but scowl at him.

"You're my mates of course I like sleeping next to you two. It's not me, it's the bond." I huff and Elijah chuckles before walking up to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. He places a small kiss on my temple before resting his head on mine. I huff but still rest my head on his chest and rub my head against his collar bone.

"We haven't really spent much time together, just the three of us alone ." I whisper , trying not to disturb our comfortable bubble.

"Hmm. Maybe we can spend tomorrow together, the whole day just the three of us." Elijah suggested and I nod.

"Yeah. Sounds great. After spending the day at the lake I realised how little time we've had together, just us, since we became mates." I tell him and I feel him kiss my head.

"We'll talk to Josh when he gets back and we'll spend tomorrow together all three of us." Elijah says and I smile into his chest.