Chapter Eight

Evans POV

The next week flys by in a blur, literally. I can't remember much because I was sleeping most of the week because of the medication. Josh and Elijah have been so sweet, helping take care of me. Although, things are still tense between them. Elijah blames Josh for what happened and I don't know how to make him understand that he should just let it go.

"Honey, how you feeling?" My mum asks as she walks into my room.

"I'm good mum. I feel so much better." I tell her and she smiles at me.

"I'm glad. Why don't you come down for breakfast." She says and I nod and we both head to the kitchen. When we get to the kitchen, Mary is busy setting plates out on the kitchen island and Josh and Elijah are already sitting and eating. Both their heads snap up when they hear me enter and I smile at them.

"Morning everyone." I greet as I walk towards the kitchen island and sit down next to Elijah and Josh.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Mary asks as she places a plate of pancakes down in front of me and my stomach growls.

"Hungry." I moan as I stab a piece of pancake and stuff my mouth.

"Well I can see you're feeling better." Mary teases and I just hum while putting more jam on my pancakes.

"Good morning everyone." Mark greets as he walks into the kitchen and straight to where Mary is. He kisses her on the cheek and I smile at the loving couple.

"What do you boys say to going down to the lake today?" Mark asks and we all look up at him excitedly.

"Yess!" Elijah shouts while standing up and shoving a slice of toast into his mouth before running out of the kitchen. I rush after him and Josh walks behind us at a much calmer pace. I run up to my room and grab a bag from my cupboard and shove in a towel and extra clothes as well as sunscreen, before changing into swimming shorts. I race downstairs and see Mark already standing there with Mary and Josh.

"Let's go!" I hear Elijah shout from behind me before I'm being picked up and thrown over his shoulder.

"Elijah! Put me down!" I shout as he runs out of the house and smacks my ass as i wriggle against him. I blush and slap his back. He just chuckles as Josh unlocks the car. Elijah opens the back door and places me down on the back seat before getting in after me. He closes the door and Josh starts the car before pulling out of the driveway and then we're off to the lake. It's a short drive to the lake ,about 10 minutes, faster if we shift and run but we always drive because it's easier to take all the things we need.

As soon as we pull up to the lake Elijah opens the back door even before that car can stop and rushes to the lake. Josh breaks hard when the back door opens and I slam into the back of the passenger seat. I groan and rub my forehead.

"Shit!" Josh hisses as he turns around to look at me.

"You okay baby?" He asks, looking at me in concern and I nod.

"I'm fine." He sighs and starts the car up again and parks properly before we get out and start unpacking the car. Mark ,Mary and my mum pull up a few minutes later and greet us before unpacking their car and we all head to the lake. Elijah is already swimming and having a great time. We find a nice spot under a big tree and we set up there.

"You guys coming in?" Elijah shouts and I turn around and look at him. I smile and kick of my sandals and pull off my t shirt before running towards the lake.

"Ah cold!" I yelp as my feet meet the water. I'm already halfway in so I just dive in despite the cold.  I swim towards Elijah and jump on his back. He manages to catch me but we stumble slightly.

"Hi." I whisper in his ear and kiss it. I feel him shiver and I smile.

"Hey." He whispers back and moves me from off his back and to his front. I smile up at him as I wrap myself around him and he kisses my forehead before looking up and frowning slightly. I look behind me and see Josh walking in.  I smile as he jumps at how cold the water is. He walks in though and straight to us.  Elijah pulls me closer to him as Josh walks towards us.

Josh presses his chest against my back when he finally reaches us and kisses the back of my head.

"Having fun?" He asks, looking at me and then Elijah, and then rests his head on my shoulder.

"Yeah." Elijah mumbles and looks away and I see Josh's smile fall. He picks his head up as I cling to Elijah who avoids looking at Josh.

"You both need to stop this crap." I huff, letting go of Elijah and standing  in between them. Josh looks sadly at Elijah who looks down at me.

"Josh said he was sorry. He didn't mean to start the rejection process it was all a stupid mistake and you can't keep acting like this." I scold and Elijah pouts and looks away.

"I should be the one who's upset. I had to go through the whole rejection process and that shit hurts. But I forgave him and you should to. I know what he did was wrong and I'm not saying your anger isn't justified, it is. Josh lied to you which he shouldn't have done but ignoring him is staring to hurt our bond. Not only yours and his but all three of ours." I tell him and he sighs. He looks up at Josh who's looking at Elijah guiltily and sadly.

"I'm so sorry Elijah." Josh whispers as he slowly strokes Elijah's cheek. Eli blushes and crosses his arms across his chest.

"What you did was wrong." Elijah says softly and Josh nods.

"You hurt me and you hurt Evan." Elijah continues and Josh winces at the confession but nods.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you, either of you. You're my mates. You're this precious gift the moon goddess has given me and I know I blew it but I'm so sorry. All I'm asking is for you to give me a chance to prove that I can be a good mate." Josh says looking at both of us expectantly.

"You are a good mate Josh and I forgive you." Elijah whispers and Josh beams down at him.

"Thank you. Thank you both. You won't regret this." Josh says as he hugs us both. We both snuggle into him and I sigh contently. This is how it should be. We should all be happy.