Chapter Thirteen

Evans POV

Last night when Josh got back from scouting they were, unfortunately, unsuccessful in finding the cabin but managed to figure out what the smoke could likely be. There's an old rundown warehouse on the east side where humans like to hang out and get high or have parties and occasionally burn things. So, the scouts are going to check that out later this week.

But on a more positive note, Mila's almost ready to walk. Well, with crutches but still it's a big accomplishment. She's going to need some physical therapy but she's going to be able to move around. It might only have been three days but she's made remarkable progress for some one so malnourished and abused.

Also, Josh agreed and so today the three of us are going to spend the whole day together. I'm currently making sure I have my wallet before we leave. We're going to the Waffle House for breakfast and then to the movies and hopefully, if we have time we can do whatever else we want.

"Ready to go baby?" Josh asks as he walks into my bedroom. I nod and quickly walk up to him and he hugs me and kisses my head.

"Let's go!" Elijah whines from my door way and I chuckle. We walk out of my bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

"Ma, we're leaving now." Josh says to Mary as we head outside and to his car. I get in the back seat as Josh and Eli get in the front and then we head off to Waffle House.

Once we get to Waffle House I jump out of the car and run straight to the entrance and wait for Josh and Elijah. I bounce on my toes as they both take their sweet time coming from the car. My stomach growls and they both walk faster when they hear it. Josh barely opens the door and I push my way in and straight up to the hostess. She smiles when she sees my excited self and picks up three menus.

"Right this way." She says as she leads us inside and to a booth next to the floor length window.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly." She says after she's placed the menus down in front of us. I don't even open my menu, knowing exactly what I'm going to order.

"Know what you want love?" Elijah asks when he sees that I'm not looking at the menu and I nod. He smiles at me and then goes back to looking through his menu.

About 5 minutes later the waitress comes up to our table and smiles.

"Hello, my names Sally and I'll be your waitress today, can I get you guys started off with drinks ?" She asks and I nod.

"Yes, can I have a white hot chocolate with fresh cream as we as a glass of water please." I say and she nods and writes it down before looking at Josh and Elijah. Josh orders coffee and Elijah gets an ice tea.

"Do you guys know what you want to eat or do you need a few more minutes?" She asks after writing down our drinks order.

"I'm ready, you guys?" I ask and they both nod.

"We'll order our meals now then." Elijah says.

"Can I have a stack of blueberry waffles with one scoop of vanilla ice cream." I say and Josh orders bacon and scrambled eggs and a savoury waffle and Elijah, as always, orders plain waffles with so much butter. He's lucky he's a werewolf or he would be dead or in hospital with heart problems.

"Alright then, I'll bring everything when it's ready." She says as she collects our menus and walks away. Josh pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around my waist before kissing my head. Elijah is flush against Josh's left side and blushes when I smirk at him.

"This was a good idea." Josh says as he begins to draw small circles on my hip with his finger.

"I'm glad I thought of it ." Elijah says and I chuckle.

"Very glad." Josh whispers as he pulls us closer to him.

We continue talking as we wait for our food. When the waitress finally brings our food over I pull away from Josh,excitedly, and pick up my fork and knife waiting for her to set it down. I know I'm acting like a starving child but I love waffles and that's exactly why they don't make them at home.

"Thank you!" I squeal and she laughs as I dig in and I let out a moan. Like an actual moan. I hear something clatter and I look up and both my mates are staring at me.

"What?" I ask after swallowing the food in my mouth.

"Don't do that." Josh mumbles and Elijah bends down to pick up his fork.

"Do what?" I ask confused and he just shakes his head so I just shrug and go back to eating.

"Yummy yummy in my tummy." I sing as I cut up my waffles.

"You're so bloody adorable." Josh groans and squeezes me before he kisses my head and my cheeks, nose and I giggle and then blush when I realise that sound left my mouth.

"Stop." I whine and Josh chuckles but after one last squeeze and a big sloppy kiss on my cheek he lets go of me.

"You look pretty when you blush, my lovely." Elijah smiles from across the table and I roll my eyes at him, ignoring my already heated face.

I glare at them both before I go back to my waffles.

ALPHA, BETA, GAMMAOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara