Chapter Eighteen

Evans POV

After Mila's session she was able to walk but not much but she's made progress. Amanda says that she can start moving around more and go outside but with her crutches. After we left Mila's room Josh went straight to his office and Elijah is going on boarder patrol again. I go tonight and now I have Luna duties. Which I'm not really looking forward to.

Don't get me wrong, I know being luna is a tough job. It's not easy and it's a very demanding position. But I don't think I'm luna material. I'm not soft and gentle. I'm not good with kids. I'm a very emotional person which is not a good thing when dealing with difficult situations that I will be dealing with as a luna. Being a gamma is way easier. I have rules I follow. Tasks I have to complete with goals that I can attain. As a gamma I train to protect the pack. It's a physical job. I don't talk about feelings and deal with crying people and children.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mums voice brings me out of my inner mumblings as she sits down next me.

"Yeah. I'm good." I tell her and give her a small smile.

"Honey, I'm your mother. I know when somethings troubling you but I won't push you. When you're ready to talk and if you want to I'm always here." She tells me as she rubs my arm comfortingly.

"I'm not a luna mum." I sigh and fall back into the sofa.

"Of course you are. The goddess wouldn't have mated you to an alpha if she didn't think you were luna material." She says and I nod. I'm still nervous but she's right. Everything happens for a reason and I just need to learn how to embrace it.

"I guess you're right. I won't know if I'm bad or not if I don't try and I guess the goddess isn't ever wrong." I tell her, she smiles and kisses my head.

"That's my boy." She pats my shoulder, encouragingly.

"Evan, sweetie, are you ready to start?" Mary asks as she enters the lounge and I take in a deep breath before nodding.

"Okay. Let's go then." Mary says and I stand up after saying goodbye to mum as I follow Mary out of the room. She leads me straight to the day care room.

The pack has a daycare for parents who work and don't have anyone to look after their kids who are still to young to go to school or finish school early. The children in day care range from ages 2 - 7 years old.

"Do we have to start off with kids?" I ask Mary, nervously, as I stop in the door way of the day care room.

"Yes, we do." She says as she grabs my hand and pulls me completely into the room.  When the kids see Mary they all greet her happily and walk over to hug her.

"Hello luna!" They all greet happily.

"How are all of you? I haven't seen you all in a while." She asks as she sits down on the mat with them and they all take turns telling her about their week and all the things they did over the weekend. I just stand there ,awkwardly in the corner of the room, watching all of this.

Mary looks up at my awkward self and smiles.

"Do all of you know Evan?" She asks, pointing in my direction, and a dozen pair of eyes look at me.

"Yess! We know him. He's our future Luna and gamma." A little boy says , quit proudly. I smile at him and walk closer to the group.

"That's right Max." Mary says.

"Today Evan has come to meet all of you because soon he's going to be taking my place as Luna. So, he will be visiting you guys during the week." Mary explains to them and they all nod and smile.

They all start to introduce themselves to me and I try very hard to remember each one's name. We spend almost two hours up in the daycare room and only leave when it's the kids nap time.

As we head downstairs I see Josh walking up the stairs, towards us.

"Hey baby." He greets when he sees me and wraps his arms around me.

"Hi." I whisper and I hug him back feeling all warm and fuzzy.

"I missed you." Josh whispers into my shoulder and I chuckle.

"It's only been a few hours Josh." I tell him and place a small kiss on his jaw.

"I know but I still missed you. I miss Elijah to but no matter how many times I call him to my office he doesn't come." He whines as we descend the stairs. I didn't even notice Mary had left us alone till we started walking down the stairs .

"Why didn't he want to come?" I ask as he intertwines our fingers and leads me to his office.

"I don't know." He pouts and opens the office door and I smile when I see Elijah sitting in Josh's chair.

"You came." Josh says happily and pulls me over to his desk where Elijah is.

"Yeah.  I just wanted to finish all my duties before I came up so that I wouldn't push them aside because I wanted to spend time with you two."  He explains.

Josh just smiles and pulls Elijah into his chest with his free hand and kisses his head. He pulls me closer as well until all three of us are hugging.

"ALPHA!"