Chapter Thirty-Seven

Evans POV

My heart rate picks up as I follow the nurse down to the ultra sound room. What if I am pregnant? What am I going to do. I'm only 18. I don't want a baby. I've got so much I want to do before I even think about having kids.

I'm so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I don't notice when the nurse stops and I bump into her.

"Sorry." I apologise quickly and she just smiles and opens the door in front of her.

"It's okay luna. Let's go in and I'll get you set up and then we can do the ultra sound." She says and I nod and walk into the room.

She switches the lights on and I see a hospital bed in the middle of the tiny room and the ultra sound machine next to it.

"You can lay down luna. I'm just going to get the gel and wipes out." She says as she sits down in front of the machine and pulls open the draws underneath it. I walk over to the bed and slowly climb on top of it. I try to calm myself but I seriously can't.

A knock on the door startles me and I look up and see Josh standing there. I give him a shaky smile and he walks in and up to my bed side. The nurse greets him and he nods his head in acknowledgment.

"Okay, you ready luna?" She asks happily and I nod.

"Okay I'm going to lift your t-shirt up and then put this gel on your tummy. It will be a little cold but you'll get used to it quickly." She explains before she picks up my shirt. She squirts the gel on my tummy and I hiss slightly at the unexpected cold.

She picks up the wand of the machine and places it on my stomach. She moves it around and I grab Josh's hand and squeeze it while I shut my eyes tightly. The nurse continues to move the wand around my stomach and suddenly stops. The room is quiet, only the sound of our breathing.

"Well, you're not pregnant luna." She says and I sigh in relief. My whole body relaxes and I open my eyes. I loosen my grip on Josh's hand and look at the nurse, who removes the wand from my stomach and wipes of the gel before wiping it off of me.

"You're not pregnant but you do have a healthy reproductive system. You're heats should start becoming regular now that you have mated but since you are half omega you may only get it once every three months instead of every month like a normal omega." She explains as she stands up and throws away the tissues.

"You're free to go. There's nothing more to do unless you have any questions." She says and I look at Josh and he shrugs.

"Hmm, birth control shots when can I start them?" I ask her.

"You can start them anytime before you're heat but you have to wait a week after your heat to take them. Then you take it once every two months until you're ready to stop." She tells us.

"Can I book an appointment for next week?" I ask her and she nods.

"Of course luna. I'll do it right now , we just need to go to the front desk." She says.

"We'll meet you there I need to talk to my mate for a minute." Josh says and she just nods before she leaves. I turn around and look up at Josh since I'm still sitting on the bed.

"What's up?" I ask and he sighs before sitting down next to me.

"Please don't do it." He whispers and my heart breaks at the desperation in his voice.

"Don't do what? Take birth control?" I ask confused, as I take his hand in mine, and he shakes his head.

"No, don't take the medication that could destroy you're.." He trails as his voice cracks.

"I'm so sorry Josh. I'm not taking the medication I promise you. I wasn't thinking and I was scared that I could be pregnant. I was desperate to find some way to just stop everything. I didn't mean what I said. I just got angry when you told me no and I lashed out. I'm not going to do that ever. I know the risks and I would never do that to you and Elijah." I reassure him as I cuddle into his side and kiss his cheek.

"Promise?" He asks and I nod.

"Promise."  I say and he wraps his arms around me, squeezing me tightly, before placing a kiss on my head and then letting go of me.

"Let's go book that appointment for you and then get back to Elijah." Josh says as he stands up and offers me his hand. I take a hold of his outstretched hand and get up before we leave the room.

I book my appointment for next week Wednesday at the front desk and then I head back to Elijah's room. Josh went to Eli's room while I was booking my appointment.

When I get to Elijah's room I see him sitting up in bed and Josh is helping him unwrap all his food.

"Hurry, I'm starving!" Eli whines and Josh chuckles and I smile as I walk completely into the room.

"What's for lunch?" I ask as I sit down next to Eli.

"Roast chicken, with baby potatoes and garlic  bread." Eli says dreamily and I shake my head at him.

"Okay dig in sweetheart." Before Josh can finish his sentence Eli is already shoving food into his mouth.

"Aren't you guys going eat?" Elijah asks once his swallowed the food in his mouth.

"Not hungry." Josh mumbles as he opens Eli's water.

"Same." I say and Eli frowns.

"Hey, you gotta eat. None of us have eaten anything the whole day." Eli scolds and I pout.

"I'll go upstairs and get us something. I'm sure there's leftovers from lunch." Josh says as he stands up. He kisses both of our heads before leaving the room.

"You want a potato while you wait?" Eli asks as he points his fork with a baby potato on it at me.

"No thanks hun, I'm good." I smile and he nods before he continues to eat happily.