Chapter Eleven

Evans POV

The next morning, straight after breakfast, we head down to the clinic to check on the girl. It's 8 am and so Amanda won't be in, only the morning shift nurses will be in the clinic.

"Morning Alpha, Luna ,Beta." The front desk nurse greets and I pout.

"Why'd you only call me Luna. He's a Luna too." I say while pointing at Elijah and her eyes widen. Josh chuckles and starts pushing me into the clinic and away from the flustered nurse.

"I wasn't finished talking to her." I tell him and he just smiles and kisses the top of my head.
As we walk further into the room we see the girl is awake and looking around while the nurse is checking all the machines she's hooked up to.

"Morning." Elijah greets and the girls head snaps in our direction.

"Morning." Her voice cracks.

"How's she doing?" Josh asks the nurse and she starts explaining that the girls vitals are stable and she's healing but very slowly. The nurse leaves and we all stand around the girls bed.

"My names Josh and this is Elijah and that's Evan, they're my mates." Josh introduces us and the girl smiles at us.

"My names Mila." She says.

"It's nice to meet you Mila, how are you feeling?" Josh continues.

"Relieved." She sighs.

"What happened to you?" I ask.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it now but we have to find out what happened so we can help and also prevent it from hurting our pack." Josh explains and she nods.

"It's okay, I'll tell you." She says with a shaky smile and Josh nods and sits down on the sofa next to her bed and I sit down at the foot of her bed while Josh pulls Elijah down onto his lap. I smile at them while Elijah grumbles as his cheeks tint red.

"I'm from up north. I was part of the Red Arrow pack." She says and I gasp.

"I didn't know anyone survived that attack." I say , shocked and she smiles sadly.

"No one did. They killed everyone. But they took me. They kept me alive all these months and I don't know why. There's nothing special about me. I wasn't a high ranking wolf , neither was any member of my family. We were your average, run of the mill wolves. But for some reason they took me. We've been traveling for months. I don't know where they were taking me." She explains.

"How did you escape?" Elijah asks as he snuggles into Josh's chest, unconsciously.

"Yesterday, there was some altercation and they forgot to lock my cage before they ran off so, I took my chance and escaped. I was halfway into the forest before they caught me again. One grabbed my leg and managed to brake it. But I was so high on adrenaline that I didn't feel anything and just ran.  I ran until I couldn't hear them or smell them. I ran even after that. Until the pain became to much and I collapsed." She says and my heart breaks for her.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper as I feel tears pool in my eyes.

"Hey it's okay, don't cry, it's not your fault." She says and rubs my arm gently.

"I know but still that shouldn't have happened to you, to anyone." I sniff and both Elijah and Josh stand up and hug me.

"Shhh baby it's okay." Josh soothes as Elijah kisses my head and rubs my back.

"Sorry." I sniffle and wipe my cheeks.

"It's okay love." Elijah smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"You three are so sweet together." Mila says while smiling at us and I blush.

"Thank you." Josh beams as he pulls Eli and I closer to him.

"What are we going to do about this?" I ask and Josh's face falls.

"I'll talk to dad and call some of the neighbouring Alphas to see what I can find out and we'll take it from there." Josh says and she nods.

"You should get some rest, we'll come and see you in the afternoon and continue to chat." I say as I see her eyes looking droopy.

"Okay." She yawns out and lays down as we leave the clinic.

"I'm going to find dad and tell him about what's happened." Josh says before kissing both our heads and leaving.

"Anything you wanna do?" Elijah asks me and I smile.

"Homework!"