Chapter Thirty-Three

Evans POV

Brent starts chanting and my body starts to heat up. I look towards Mila, her eyes are shut tightly and she grips my hand hard. As Brent's chanting becomes faster and less understandable, my body burns. Almost to the point where I feel like my skins going to melt off. I grind my teeth as Brent's eyes snap open.

His eyes are completely white. No sign of any colour. He's no longer talking and his mouth is agape. Our clasped hands start to glow and my body, thankfully, starts to cool down. I sigh in relief and close my eyes only for a second.

Brent's eyes slowly start to return to normal and the glow of our hands start to fade. Brent let's go of our hands and both Mila and I breath heavily. My mates rush over to me as I start to feel woozy. Caden stabilises Mila when she sways. The sound of cynical laughter distracts us as we turn our attention towards Brent. His hands are glowing purple and his eyes are a violet colour. He's floating slightly above the ground.

"I've got it. I finally have it!" He shouts joyfully as his hands glow brighter.

"You okay baby?" Josh asks worriedly and I nod as I stand up straighter. My hand is caked in dry blood but my wound is already healed. I rub my eye with my clean hand as I look towards Mila. She looks up at me and gives me a tired smile.

"Arrrgg!" A scream rips through the air and a thudding sound draws our attention back to Brent. Looking at Brent we see him on the ground, his glow turns an angry red.

"What's happening?" He questions as he looks at his burning hands. I smile at him before I speak.

"There's a reason that the Ophelia power was split into two bodies. One vessel could not contain it." Brent screams as the red glow starts covering his body.

"To much power destroys you and in your case, kills you." I say as his screams of terror and pain echo. I cover my eyes when the red glow becomes blinding. Brent's screams stop as the light dies down. When it's completely gone all that's left is a pile of ashes.

Brent's gone. A little anti climactic but I'll take it.

"He's dead?" Mila asks and I nod as I lean against my mates.

"How did you know that would happen?" Elijah asks.

"I didn't. I didn't even think the Ophelia power was real." I say and they all look at me shocked.

"What?"

"So, you were going to willing do some ritual that could have possibly killed you!?" Josh shouts and I smile sheepishly.

"Evan!" Eli says angrily and I frown. He called me by my name, not love.

"I'm sorry. I thought that if he saw what he wanted wasn't real he would leave us alone." I explain and they both shake their heads.

"You could have died Evan!" Eli shouts as he steps back from me.

"You don't know that." I say and he shakes his head.

"You knew there was a possibility you could though." He says and I stay quiet because he's right. I knew their was a chance this could have killed me and Mila.

I look at Mila who's wrapped up in her mates arms and I smile apologetically.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you take that risk." I say.

"I knew their was a possibility we wouldn't survive but I still did it. No one's to blame." She tells me before taking Caden's hand and leading him into the house.

Eli is still angrily staring at me while Josh holds me against him.

"I'm sorry guys . I just wanted to keep everyone safe." I whisper and Elijah sighs.

"I know, it's just... The thought of losing you.." He trails of as he runs his fingers through his hair.

"You didn't though." I say and he glares at me.

"But I could of."

Josh let's go of me after kissing my head.

"What happened just now, we can't change it. Being angry at each other isn't going change it and right now I don't give a fuck. All I care about is the two of you. You're alive, you're breathing and that is all that matters. So, please, I know you're angry sweetheart but Evan's alive, he's okay and being angry at him isn't going to change what he did. He did it because he wanted to protect us and you can't stand there and say you wouldn't do the same." Josh says and Eli looks down.

"I love you both so much. I can't lose either of you." Eli says sadly and I rush over and hug him. He holds he tightly against him as Josh walks up behind him and holds us.

"I love you Eli. I would never purposely put my self in harms way unless it was necessary." I say and he nods.

"Let's head inside. You're still not fully recovered and after this whole ordeal you need to get some rest. I'm going to call Julia to come and check on you and Mila. I don't know if that spell did anything to you." Josh says as he leads us inside.

Julia is the head of the neighbouring witch coven and a good friend of Mary's. As we walk in I realise Mila and Caden are gone.

"What are we going to do about the door?" I ask as I look at what was our sliding door.

"I'll call someone to fix it tomorrow. We can just cover it up tonight." Josh says and I nod as we head upstairs.

"I'm going to wash the blood off my hands." I say as I look down at my hand that Brent slit opened.

"When you're done take another one of your vitamins." Eli says gesturing to where he has placed the blue vitamin and a glass of water.

"I will, thank you." I say as I step into the bathroom and wash the caked blood of my palm. I mange to get all the blood of nicely. I wipe my hands and use some lotion since my hands feel quite dry.

I take my tablet before I head down to the kitchen. I see Eli standing there with two huge bed sheets.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I step into the kitchen.

"Trying to find a sheet big enough to cover the gaping hole that was our sliding door." He explains and I nod.

"Where's Josh?" I ask.

"Cleaning up Brent's remains." He says. Just before I can ask him how, Josh walks in with a bin packet and a garden spade.

"Where do I throw this?" He asks as he lifts up the bin bag.