Chapter 70

Chapter VI

Percy

"Open portal of Chaos and take us to the planet known as Earth." I began the spell at a murmur, but it steadily rose until I was practically yelling it, my voice full of power. A portal of Darkness formed in the air and I turned to my people, keeping an eye on it. I didn't want it to fail now, but I was pretty sure I could handle it now that I had unleashed the Power. I cried out, "Everyone ready to jump?!"

Several shouts of "yes!" were my answers and I smiled slightly, before forcing myself to become serious again.

"Well then," I began and then continued, "What are you waiting for!?"

It looked a bit like a stampede.

Annabeth rolled her eyes as she watched the people jump into the portal and she turned to me. "Are they always like this?" she wondered out loud. I chuckled wryly, watching as my warriors tried to calm everyone down.

"I wouldn't know—it's never happened before. I'm sure they're just excited."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow and I was impressed at how condescending she looked. "I can tell," she stated dryly.

"You would." I agreed and she stuck her tongue out at me.

I would always wonder at how she managed to make everything seem so... safe, when it wasn't.

"Annabeth..." I suddenly felt nervous and she turned to look at me, her eyes concerned. "If we get out of this alive—"

"Not if, Percy," she interjected, "When, we will get out of this alive."

I smiled at her, it was now or never, I needed to know... "Fine then—when we get out of this alive, will you become N—"

"Percy!" someone called out, Nico, and I felt annoyance surge through me. The Son of Hades materialized by my side. "Everyone's on the other side, except for us and Alpha now."

I nodded, but it was Annabeth who replied. "Good, it's time for us to move out. Go ahead with the warriors, we'll follow you last." she commanded, her eyes flashing with fire. Nico grinned and saluted her before he spun on his heel and marched over to the warriors.

Gods of Olympus, she's beautiful.

"What were you asking Percy?" she asked, turning back to me, tilting her head slightly.

I lost my nerve and shook my head. "Never mind, it's not important." I replied, forcing a smile onto my face. She looked disappointed but she nodded anyways.

I looked over at the warriors and swallowed. I had just missed my chance.

Annabeth

I wondered what Percy had been about to ask me, but I pushed it back to the small part of my mind. He said it hadn't been important so I figured it wasn't.

That didn't explain the disappoint that I had felt.

I watched with sharp eyes as the remaining warriors jumped through the portal. Bianca and Zoe first, followed by Calypso and Luke and Nico ended the short procession. I looked up at Percy and smiled, no matter what had happened or what he would do I had vowed to stand by his side until the very end. I wouldn't break that promise, not now or not ever. He had my loyalty, he had done so much to gain it and I had his, even though I had betrayed him so many times...

I didn't deserve his loyalty.

"Are you ready?" I asked gently and Percy nodded his expression hardening.

"Stay with me?" he pleaded and I swallowed against the tears that rose into my eyes.

"Always," I vowed and he smiled.

He held his hand out and I didn't hesitate this time. I clasped mine in his and he smiled gently at me. I was his and he was mine, no matter how official that was.

"Ready to go, old friend?" he asked and I chuckled and kissed him on the cheek. We both knew that we were so much more then friends now, we were practically one soul now, sometimes literally.

"Whenever you are," I acknowledged. We stepped forward together and jumped into the portal.

I would follow him into the dark if I had to; my loyalty ran that deep.

Bianca

As soon as I stepped out of the portal, I was attacked by thin but surprisingly strong arms and I smiled slightly, and then I stooped down to his level and tilted my head. He grinned and I bopped his nose.

"Thank Chaos you're alive!" he cried and I didn't ponder his rather strange expression. (It was strange for someone who was barely eight.)

"I'm not going anywhere, Samuel," I reassured him gently. "I promise you that."

I glanced at the portal and saw that Annabeth and Percy hadn't stepped out of it yet. I wasn't angry or concerned though, I knew that Percy had never been truly mine in the first place, and when someone looked at them he (or she) could tell that they were completely in love in each other.

Obvious about it, of course, or at least in Percy's case he was, but utterly heads over heels for each other.

Besides I had Samuel now and that was enough.

"Will Dad come out soon with Aunty Annabeth?"

I was amused by the fact that he had taken to Annabeth so well, not that I was surprised about it. "Yes, he should be coming out about..." the portal spat out the two in question and Percy caught her before she fell, laughing slightly at her exasperated expression, "...now."

Samuel grinned and Percy bounced over to us and picked him up and spun him around. He laughed and I grinned, watching them. I heard a deep chuckle next to me and I looked at Nico in surprise. He stuck his tongue out at me and I eyed him wryly before snapping my fingers and a skeleton erupted out of the ground and grabbed his heels.

He yelped (very manly) and I smirked at his surprised expression. Annabeth chuckled and I smiled at her, trying to convey... everything.

I really needed to talk to her, soon. But first was going to let Percy handle the brunt of her anger first... okay, so I'm sure she wouldn't be angry just... confused.