Chapter 53

Chapter Ten

Zoe's POV

I stared at Nico trying to comprehend what he was saying. "What?" I managed to get out my earlier shock starting to settle. "Are you completely sur-"

"Yes, yes I am." Nico interrupted. "Life is the wrong path. It's a trap, I finally get it now. It's been bugging me for a while. We went down the double path, it came to me yesterday evening when Thalia told me she was dead tired, don't you see?" He said, his voice rising in pitch. "It's a trap! It's what Void's planning! He wanted Percy to g-"

He was suddenly cut off by a flash of light. I shielded my eyes with my arm, turning away as I did that and let out a cry of alarm. Slowly the light faded and I looked timidly at the sight and nearly let out a cry of surprise.

"Athena?" I questioned in shock, "Poseidon?"  The two gods looked at me and I looked at Thalia. "Well," I said dryly, "I guess now that their here we can figure out how to get to Percy over to us."

Thalia nodded looking at Athena. "Uh... sister? How are you here? No offence or anything, but... well... you're supposed to be out of commission." She said tilting her head in a way that suggested she was trying to find out how they got away from the titan. Or maybe she was looking at a math problem that she wanted to electrocute.

Athena nodded in confirmation. "Yes," she said, "we were in Kronos, but..." she looked sheepish which was a very strange expression on her face. "Well... we escaped... sort of... in a way."

This time it was me who raised my eyebrows. "Huh?" I questioned and Poseidon answered me this time.

"We have magic." He said, "We escaped from Kronos using magic."

Thalia slowly nodded and I raised my eyebrows even higher. Even Nico looked stunned and that was hard for him to look stunned. I cleared my throat. "So," I said slowly, "anyone want to share anymore secrets that they forgot to tell Percy?"

Luke suddenly appeared by my side and I looked at him. "Anything you need to share we me Luke?"

Luke raised an eyebrow. "No Zoe, nothing that I ca-" and then he was cut off by another flash of light and I shielded my eyes again and Luke's arm automatically tightened his hold around my waist. If only it was under different circumstances... I thought and then the light disappeared.

I looked up and stared then looked at Nico. "You were right." I said raising my eyebrows.

Bianca smiled at him tiredly. "Hullo Nico, you were right about what? Oh and Void's back. Not my fault. It was a complete accident... and..." she hesitated and looked at Annabeth and saw to my bewilderment that she looked shocked and... scared? "They've got Percy... and there's a little problem with Ocenatus."

Percy's POV

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I repeated over and over in my head. I'm such an idiot! How could I have let him catch me? I let out a growl of frustration as I scanned my predicament.

I was surrounded by circular walls, which was hardly surprising, as when I had woken up from unconsciousness my arms were chained up against the walls. I let out a wince as I realized why the chains were there.

"Hello Perseus." A sickening familiar voice said and I looked up and glared at the smiling face of Void. I didn't say anything and he smirked sickeningly. "Why, no hello? I would have thought Chaos would have taught you better."

I didn't say anything and his glared at me then kicked me in my ribs. I nearly let out a groan of pain but bit my lip and forced it back. There was no way that I was going to let him realize that that had hurt, and I was sure that it had broken a rib. "Perseus," Void said glaring at me now, "Where did you send the others?"