Chapter 51

Chapter Eight

Zoe's POV

I stared at Chaos's cage. I had told Luke the plan but not the chances of it working. What we needed was Percy or Annabeth.

"Now." I hissed to Luke and we both charged.

I dodged the wave of Empusai and attacked the storm sprits. I spun around and kicked one in the face before forcing my knife into his kneecap. The storm sprit stumbled and I slashed an Empusa down.

Suddenly someone's back was pressed against mine and I whirled around and saw to my astonishment... "Alpha! You're alive!"

The old apprentice just grinned. "Well of course I am. I can't let Torrent have all the fun battling Void now can I? I would have gone to Earth first but Jezebel convinced me to go here." He gestured to Jezebel who was standing back-to-back with Luke. I dodged right of a Humoculi and stabbed it before raising my hand and blasting back ten or eleven Empusai. "Neat trick. Anyways, Chaos's energy is almost out. Get Jezebel and free him."

I nodded to the only person that was equal to Percy and ran over to Alpha's wife. (They had gotten married 250 years after we appeared.) "Jezebel, we need to free Chaos." I warned.

She looked at me and nodded and stabbed a storm sprit. Luke appeared next to me and he grabbed my arm. "Be safe Zoe." He said. I nodded then I decided to do something I had never done before. I kissed him.

When I pulled away I said, "I always am Luke. Be careful, I love you." I ran off toward Chaos's direction before he could answer.

Jezebel and I met up about half-way. I rolled under evil hippocampi that were somehow out of the water. I hoped desperately that Percy, Crystal and Poseidon would forgive me then spun around and sliced off several Empusai heads.

Jezebel was doing pretty well as well. Wherever I looked she was a wake of destruction. Although she was no where as good as Percy, Luke, Alpha or Nico were she was about Percy level when he was just a normal demigod.

We got to Chaos's cage and I said the (PRONOUNCED IN-CA-SHEN) that Annabeth said would work.

"Semper Fidelius." In Latin it meant Always Faithful. Don't ask me why Void choose that has the password to let Chaos free but it worked.

Anyways, Chaos was relieved. "Thank me." I let out a tense chuckle. Chaos was still humorous.

I suddenly looked up and yelped and stabbed a storm sprit in the gut. The storm sprit evaporated into thin air when the cabin began to tremble.

"Wha- I didn't do that right?" I asked in alarm.

Luke and Alpha ran over to us as the rest of the monsters disappeared. Chaos muttered something in ancient Chaostean. 

"No, it is Void. He knows I've been freed. Go, I'll follow you." A swirling black portal appeared and I looked at Chaos in desperation.

"Please Chaos, come with us." I pleaded but he shook his head although there was a kind light in his eyes.

"No my child. Even though I am the ultimate ruler of the universe Fate still controls me. This is my destiny." I realized the hidden message behind it. Keep them safe.

"I-I will my lord." I whispered tears in my eyes. I hugged him for a second then whispered, "Come on guys." All of us ran to the portal but we stopped for a second and looked back to chaos. He smiled for a second and we jumped.

Percy's POV

Okay. So we're currently being attacked by Odyne, Melinoë, Atë, Mania and Bia. And now there is a giant black portal.