Chapter 84: Transitions

Normal Perspective:

An hour had passed since Team Prime had departed Earth for Cybertron, and the Autobots were slowly settling into living on the Nemesis while they figure out where to go from there now that the war was over and their home was finally restored.

While this was surreal to all of the members of Team Prime, especially to Bumblebee since the war was all he had known and long-lasting peacetime was unfamiliar to him, Michael had known the war would come to an end eventually, but while he was happy that he had been able to save those who would've otherwise never seen Cybertron alive again, and gave others a better life, there was one thing still bothering him.

He sat on the temporary berth he and Bumblebee were sharing together in their room of the Warship.

It was the only shelter they had since many of Cybertron's buildings and housing had been long destroyed or rusted away over time, leaving the Warship as their only shelter for the time being until the reconstruction began.

Michael sighed as Optimus's words from when he had first joined the war endlessly swirled around his helm.

"A being with such a pure Spark is extremely rare in times like these."

He was beginning to have doubts about himself and the reasons he had done what he had.

Had everything he had done been because he thought it was the right thing?

Had he done it for selfish reasons?

Had he saved everyone because he wanted to help others in need?

Had he done it because he thought it was the right thing to do?

Had keeping silent about the future not been the right choice to make?

Had he been selfish for wanting to kill Megatron all those times despite hesitating?

Had he been letting his anger win him over when he had wanted to hurt Smokescreen and anyone else who hurt Bumblebee?

Could he have done more to save everyone else?

Was there more he could have done?

Out of all these questions, one stood out to him the most:

Was he truly as pure-Sparked as Optimus had said he was?

He contemplated these questions for a while before getting up and leaving the room to look for one of the two certain mechs he usually went to when it came to talking about personal feelings.

Arriving at the bridge, he found Optimus speaking with Mike, Orion, Arcee, and Ultra Magnus. They looked over as Michael approached, and the Techno-Organic spoke.

"Optimus? May I speak with you please? In private?"

Optimus and the other bots looked at each other, the Prime remembering the last time Michael asked to speak with him and Ratchet. They then looked back at Michael, and Optimus nodded. Excusing himself from the conversation, they headed for the berthroom Optimus was staying in.

Arriving at the room, Optimus opened the door, and the two bots entered  entered the room, the Prime closing the door behind them.

After finding the words to start with, Michael spoke up.

"Optimus, am I really as pure-sparked as you said I was, and was I doing everything I did out of selfishness?"

Optimus didn't reply, inwardly surprised by the question, but after thinking back to instances where Michael had shown himself to do things without their help or telling them what he was doing, and how he was over-protective of Bumblebee before it came to the boiling point a few days ago, he began to see why he was asking such a question.