Chapter 49: Triage

Normal Perspective:

Having been assigned to find the third relic with Wheeljack, who had been called in on short notice, Ratchet and Knockout headed out to the location the Wrecker was waiting at with the Jackhammer, which the Wrecker had come back for after exploring the Earth for a few weeks in his vehicle mode before taking to Earth's skies once more, ultimately deciding to stay on the planet. He was tossing one of his grenades in the air and catching it in his servo when the two arrived, and the Wrecker immediately went on the offensive upon seeing the cherry-red mech, but Ratchet stopped him before he could get any further in his attack.

"He's with us!" He said, making the Wrecker stop in his tracks, and he could only stare at the former 'Con in mistrust, then he hesitantly backed off.

"You can't be serious." He said in disbelief. "First Starscream, and now him?"

"Yes, and you better believe it for Knockout, as well as Breakdown, is now on our side thanks to Michael." Ratchet said, and explained everything about what had occurred in his absence. Wheeljack could only shake his helm once the red and white mech had finished.

"I'll never understand that kid..." He said to himself, thinking of Michael, then he smiled as he thought of the reason why he had been called upon and partnered with the two medics in the first place. "So, the boss thought you needed backup, huh?" He asked, smirking.

"If you must know, Optimus feels strongly that you require supervision." Ratchet replied firmly, then he and Knockout walked on ahead.

"I'll be sure to be on my best behavior, Docs." 

"Please don't call me Doc." The two medics said together before looking at each other, then went to walk on again when Wheeljack spoke up again.

"Whatever you say, Sunshines."

The two medics stopped, and groaned. This was going to be a long mission.

After getting situated in the Jackhammer, the trio set off, taking off into the afternoon skies.

"So, all of Team Prime's busy chasin' down these four Iacon relics?" Wheeljack asked, for he hadn't been given a deep explanation due to the time constraints Team Prime was under.

"Four of which that are currently in play." Ratchet replied.

"There's more?" Wheeljack asked, surprised.

"Megatron maintains possession of the entire Iacon Database." Ratchet replied. "We have yet to learn how many more relics or Decepticon weapons of mass destruction it contains."

"The coordinates of the current four being decoded by Megatron's Warship, which we were able to receive." Knockout added, smirking.

"No worries, Docs, I gotcha backs." Wheeljack said confidently, to which the two medics groaned.

"Our names are not Doc!" Ratchet said, annoyed. "And I do not require anyone watching my back! I proved my mettle during the war for Cybertron."

"As have I!" Knockout added. "And if I want anyone watching my back, I want it to be Breakdown, and not you!"

"Then I'm lucky you're along for the ride, champs." Wheeljack said as a signal appeared on his radar behind them. "Cause we got a bogey on our tail."

And they did.

"Soundwave." Ratchet said, recognizing the flyer behind them through the back camera.

"Megatron's communications chief?" Wheeljack asked, not knowing why he of all mechs would be sent out to retrieve the relic.