Chapter 66: Prey

Normal Perspective:

The large creature that exited from the portal was the last thing the Decepticons ever expected to see, especially in the present day.

Barricade, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Cyclonus could only stare at it in complete shock and step back to keep their distance, while Soundwave and the otherworldly beings only looked at it with no reaction at all.

The creature was a Predacon, which screeched at them loudly.

"A... A Predacon...!" Cyclonus whispered in shock.

"They... They've been extinct since the beginning of Cybertronian history..." Skywarp added.

"Indeed." Shockwave said, as he walked up to it. "But the specimen you see before you was bred in the laboratory, cloned from fossilized remains which I discovered on Cybertron."

"Shockwave, it does my Spark good to see you once again tampering with creation." Megatron said as he walked up to the beast.

"Master, I implore you to keep your distance." Barricade advised.

"As do I." Cyclonus added.

"No need for alarm." Shockwave said, calming their fears. "The beast is completely under my control."

The beast looked at the Warlord, studying him keenly.

"Such primal magnificence!" Megatron praised.

"A sample of Energon from Wheeljack." Shockwave said, holding up a small vile of the Wrecker's blue equivalent to blood, which, unlike untouched Energon, contained his CNA. "Spilled during the Autobot's failed interrogation."

He then held the vile out to the beast, whose optics literally lit up as it scanned the CNA within the Energon.

"Let the hunt begin." Megatron said darkly.

The Predacon then spread its mechanical wings and took off to the evening skies in search of the one the Energon and CNA belonged to.

Meanwhile, Wheeljack, Miko, Bulkhead, and Dreadwing were hiding out by an Energon mine, which they planned to take advantage of, but Miko was confused by what use it had in 'bringing the band back together'.

"Guys, you know I'm all for blowing the scrap out of stuff, but what does flattening a Decepticon mine have to do with getting the band back together and taking down Megatron?" She asked.

"Simple." Wheeljack said. "When we light up this place, the blast'll be big and unmistakable."

"Any Autobot within five hundred klicks will see the sky glowin' with Energon and come runnin'." Bulkhead added.

"Hopefully our efforts will not attract any unwanted attention." Dreadwing finished.

Miko then smirked, and looked ahead at the mine.

"Then bring the rain."

At the Harbinger, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Raf were working hard to bring the remaining systems up and improve upon what Michael had neglected.

"Mainframe's up and running." Raf said, as he finished, and turned to Ratchet. "But I'll need help hacking the operating codes."

"Even if the Groundbridge proves functional, it will be next to worthless without a means of pinpointing the locations of our compatriots." Ratchet said as he continued to work.

"<:Can't we just track them from here?:>"

"U... Use your head, Bumblebee!" The medic scolded. "If the Decepticons had the ability to track Autobot signals, we'd have all been at Megatron's mercy here on Earth a long time ago!"