Chapter 76: A Twin's Bond

Normal Perspective:

The bright blue sky was all around them as Dreadwing and Skyquake flew above the land below.

The two were silent, lost in their own thoughts, for it was the first time in years that the two seekers were together again; awake, alive, and whole.

They flew for hours in the skies, thankful that they weren't coming across any Decepticon activity. Eventually, they arrived at an area that Skyquake was familiar with, landing at the highest point of it and transforming next to each other, looking out at the canyon.

The canyon they had arrived at was the very one Skyquake had been in stasis at, and it had also been the one in which he had perished by the servos of the Autobots, and was subsequently buried there until Michael had changed that.

Dreadwing had never been there before during his time on the planet, but he seemed to understand that this place was one of importance, even if it held bad moments for Skyquake.

They looked around, spotting the carin of which the green seeker had once been buried, and where his fate would've forever been sealed had Michael not intervened.

They were silent for a while, with neither knowing what to say to break the ice between them.

Skyquake looked at his twin, and spotted his insignia on his chassis, and he looked at it intently, not because of the fact Dreadwing had an insignia and he didn't, or that it was of a specially designed insignia to show a high rank.

No, it was because it was a Decepticon insignia.

Skyquake looked down, thinking.

They both had sworn their loyalty to the Decepticon cause, but were not fully committed to the cause, for they had sworn loyalty to Megatron specifically.

For his twin to go back on that loyalty was very unlike him.

Between them, Skyquake was more prone and quick to anger more than Dreadwing, who was the more calm and cool-headed one of the two.

Finally, Skyquake broke the silence.

"Why did you do it, brother?" He asked quietly. "Why did you betray our one true Lord and Master and join with those we swore to fight against? The ones who brought about my demise...?"

Dreadwing was silent for a moment, then spoke up.

"The Autobots may have been the ones to cause your demise, dear brother," He said quietly. "but they were also the ones who saved you from a worse fate, and brought you back."

He paused, then spoke again.

"After your demise, I came to Earth to pay allegiance to who I thought was our one true Lord and Master, and I had attempted to avenge you, but I failed, and gave up, in turn becoming Megatron's Second-in-Command for a time, but recently, Megatron's true nature came to light, and I had initially intended on killing the one who I had thought desecrated your resting place, but I came to find out that you had been rescued by one of the Autobots, who wanted to bring you back to life, preventing you from falling victim to a fate worse than death. The Autobot who saved you appealed to me, as Optimus once had, and I accepted, in honor of giving you a chance to live once more."

Skyquake was silent, thinking, and his anger rose.

How could his twin go against their one true Lord and Master just because of the Autobots saving him?

Why did they even save him when they were the ones who killed him to begin with?

He wanted to yell at him for it. To get mad at him. But he couldn't bring himself to.