Chapter 59: Hard Knocks

Normal Perspective:

A few days had passed since Michael had been rescued and had recovered from the events that had happened to him, with the hunt for the Omega Keys now continuing as normal.

Raf, who was still house-hunting, had been brought up to speed on the recent events, and had also been told about Cybertron's eventual regeneration, but it wasn't a complete guarantee that it would be restored in the Autobot's favor, but they didn't want to get the human's hopes up, or give themselves a false hope that they would succeed in their mission, given the 'Cons seemed to be a step ahead of them with the Keyblade's power in their possession, even with the Autobot's victory in gaining the first of the four Keys, especially with how intense everything seemed to be getting in recent times.

One evening, a week since the hunt began, the Autobots, aside from Ratchet, were standing in the Command Center watching Optimus wither away at the Iacon Database as he worked to decode the next set of coordinates.

The humans were not at the base, for they were hanging out elsewhere that day.

The 'Bots watched him for a few minutes until Smokescreen spoke up.

"I'm gonna be a great warrior someday." He said to the others. "Like Optimus and Michael."

"Well, train hard and get some wisdom along the way and I'm sure it'll happen." Bulkhead said optimistically, as Arcee rolled her optics.

"Sure it will." Starscream said in a sarcastic manner.

"Oh it will." Smokescreen assured confidently, as he turned to the others. "It's my destiny."

'Oh god...'

"<:Your destiny?:>" Bumblebee asked, as Knockout and Starscream tried not to laugh.

"How so?" Arcee asked.

"Well, one minute I'm on security detail at Iacon." The rookie explained. "The next, I wake up on the other side of the galaxy under Optimus's command! I mean, what are the chances, right? Things happen for a reason!"

"Like how Megatron was able to gain the powers of the Keyblade, find out about other universes, and destroy both mine and Optimus's weapons?" Michael asked with a frown.

"Uh..." Smokescreen started, not thinking Michael would make a comeback.

"He's not wrong." Cliffjumper put in.

"Well, you know what I mean." The rookie said, slightly blushing.

"We get it, Smokescreen." Arcee said, tired of his boasting. "You're special, we're lucky to have you."

"All I'm really sayin' is I've come a long way, and this is one opportunity I don't plan on messin' up." Smokescreen said, getting back to the main point.

"Good for you, Smokescreen." Breakdown said, though he too was starting to get tired of the rookie talking about himself.

"Autobots," Optimus said, gaining everyone's attention. "The next Iacon coordinates have been decoded." He then turned to Ratchet. "Ratchet, ready the Groundbridge."

As the CMO did so, Smokescreen spoke up again.

"Last one to the Omega Key has to scrub the Energon Tanks for a week!"

He then ran over to the Groundbridge and began stretching, eager to get the Key first.

"Didn't know we were keeping score." Arcee muttered in annoyance, not really seeing why the hunt was becoming a race against each other instead of against the 'Cons.

"Arcee, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Michael, Knockout, prepare to roll out." Optimus ordered.

Optimus knew that with the recent events, especially with Michael's capture, it would be wiser to send larger teams out to retrieve the Keys, just in case the 'Cons tried pulling another stunt.