Chapter 6: Darkness Rising: Part 5: The Main Event

Michael's POV:

I awoke in the Medbay, feeling quite refreshed, but also... different.

I looked down, and yelled out in shock, knocking something over in the process. The sound of multiple pedesteps filled my audio receptors as the 'Bots filed into the room.

"By the Allspark..." Ratchet gasped in shock.

"What the hell happened to me?!" I screamed out in disbelief.

"It would seem that you have been turned into a Techno-Organic..." Ratchet said, still surprised. "But I doubt the torture from the Energon prod alone could do that to you. Otherwise, Agent Fowler would also have turned into one." He pointed out.

Optimus then walked up to me, and I realized just how odd it was seeing him at the optic-level I currently saw him at.

"Did anything else happen to you at all between your arrival here and the interrogation?" He asked.

I thought back over the past few days, and my optics widened as I remembered the incident with the dimensional bridge.

"Actually...yes."  I said, still not believing it. "While I was crossing over from my homeworld to here, I got shot with energy from the bridge. I never thought it would affect me like this though."

"I think I know what happened." Ratchet said, making us all look at him. "The shock you sustained from the dimensional bridge must've affected you on a very high molecular level, and started turning you into a Techno-Organic at a slow, unnoticeable rate. The torture inflicted by Starscream on you must've accelerated the process much faster than anyone would've realized." He explained.

I was surprised.

I mean, I had wondered what it would've been like to be a Cybertronian, but I never thought it would actually happen.

"How do you feel?" Cliffjumper asked me.

"I feel... good. Completely refreshed, actually." I smiled. But then a thought struck me. "So...what happens with me now?"

For the next two hours, the 'Bots explained everything I needed to know. And I mean everything! Including the Cybertronian version of... well, as Knockout put it, 'interfacing'.

I had never been given the sex talk, but I was old enough to know what it all entailed. And hearing the Cybertronian version of it was something I did not need to have explained to me.

Especially by Ratchet of all mechs!

When they had all finished, I processed the information in my helm... literally. I then found a large mirror that I found to be somewhat comical, but useful in this case.

My appearance was that of a completely grey mech, the same shade of grey as the Protoforms that Starscream found in the Harbinger once. I guess I had the option to choose my own livery, but I decided to worry about that later. My height was around the same as Bumblebee's and Cliffjumper's, at around 20 ft. I guess.

My optics, like my normal eyes, were of two different colours. My left optic was a mixed shade of light blue and royal blue, while my right optic was a deep red shade that was between bright red and crimson, except that they seemed much more pronounced than before. My voice was that of my normal voice, with a slight metallic undertone added to it.

My build was that of a medium type, like Bumblebee, Knockout, and later on, Smokescreen. I had a bulky chassis and a slim abdominal area, typical for most grounder mechs, though I was broad-chested like Bumblebee was.  I also had abdominal plates like he did too.

In bipedal mode, I looked to be a grounder, but I quickly found that I was a Triple-Changer, but it appeared that I had to scan appropriate candidates for both modes myself once I found the time.