Chapter 63: Darkest Hour

Normal Perspective:

Silence fell among everyone present around the mystical device that was the Omega Lock. The Autobots and Dreadwing could only look on, worried.

The humans could only look at each other from their respective canisters, then Miko kicked at the glass of hers and broke the tense silence.

"Not how I wanted to spend my first trip to Cybertron..." She muttered sadly.

"Cyclonus!" Megatron ordered, looking back at the mechs behind him.

"Oh Jack." The seeker sang, and grasped the lid to the teen's canister, pretending to twist it and making a light scraping noise with his digits, making the teen wince. "It's time to come out, play, and enjoy the... fresh air of our home..."

"Go ahead!" Jack said firmly, not at all afraid to give himself up for the Autobots. "The Autobots were prepared the sacrifice themselves for my planet. I'll do the same for theirs!"

"Me too, creepy!" Miko added, turning to face Thundercracker.

"Hear hear!" Jessica put in, and glared daggers at Barricade.

"That's right!" Vince said firmly, and glared harshly at Skywarp.

"Mhm..." Raf added, though he sounded somewhat hesitant, but no one could blame him, given the dangerous situation they were now in, as he looked back at Soundwave.

"Perhaps we should oblige them." Megatron said calmly, as he turned to face the Autobots and Dreadwing again.

"If my decision dooms the future of the Autobot cause on Cybertron, so be it. But I will never forsake our human allies." Optimus said firmly, and plunged the Star Saber into the ground, and walked back towards the others.

Arcee then removed the Apex Amor from herself, and tossed it over to the Star Saber, with everyone else following suit with their other weapons, apart from Michael, Knockout, and Dreadwing, who put their personal weapons away.

Michael kept his ocarina hidden in his subspace. He could not allow Megatron to get a hold of the instrument, for the Warlord having it could spell danger to the universe, even if he didn't know any of the songs the Techno-Organic did.

The humans could only watch on, worried.

"Now," Megatron said darkly, and held out his servo. "If you please... the Omega Keys. One at a time."

Thundercracker then walked forward.

"You first, Wrecker." He said with a smirk.

Bulkhead hesitated, and looked at Optimus, who nodded once. The Wrecker understood, and went over to the seeker.

"If I don't get the girl, I'll make you eat this Key!" He threatened darkly, and slammed the Key into his waiting servo.

"Pleasure doing business with you." The seeker said mockingly, while Bulkhead just growled.

"Get scrapped!" Miko threatened, and the two mechs went back to their respective sides as Bumblebee walked forward with his Key. Soundwave, who had also walked forward, handed the canister containing Raf to the scout, who smiled at his charge from behind his mask, but his expression immediately changed to that of a furious glare as he looked at the silent mech, letting out a string of low beeps, and walked back to his side.

All the while, Optimus and Megatron could only glare at each other.

"If one of these humans was important enough to entrust with the Matrix of Leadership, then both of these two are worth the two remaining Omega Keys." Megatron said, as Skywarp and Cyclonus walked up.