Chapter 8: Masters & Students

Normal Perspective:

 A few more days had passed since the Spacebridge incident, and while the Autobots were still enjoying the peacetime they had, they were starting to become somewhat restless, as they didn't know what Starscream was planning, or when.

But not all of them were restless.

Optimus, as Michael soon noticed, was alot more quiet and solemn than usual. He, as well as Ratchet, knew why, and wanted to help, but he knew that Optimus wasn't the type to open up about his feelings in front of others.

Well, as far as he knew, anyway.

Within those few days, Michael had finally received his insignia.

Orignally, he was going to recieve the Autobot one in red, but he opted to have his own custom one, which surprised Ratchet. The CMO was surprised even further at what the young Techno-Organic wanted his insignia to look like. Ratchet was hesitant at first, but reluctantly agreed after much persuasion. After about an hour, the process was done. The others were speechless at what he chose for his insignia when they saw it. The middle of his chassis now sported an Autobot insignia, or at least, half of one. The left half was of the Autobot insignia in its signature red color, but the right half was of the Decepticon insignia in its signature purple. Michael had said that he had it done as such to use as a way to mock the Decepticons, as well as trick them should the opportunity come up. The others, however, were not convinced that such a tactic would work. But they didn't say anything further on the matter.

One morning, about a week after the incident, and a few days since his trainning started, Michael woke up early to go for a drive after he had done his usual morning routine. As he walked out into the Command Center, he was surprised to see that the other Autobots, minus Optimus and Cliffjumper, who were still recharging, were up as early as he was. He was also surprised to find Jack, Miko, and Raf there as well at such an early hour.

He looked at his internal calendar, and saw that it was a Tuesday, and was wondering why the kids weren't in school, but decided not to ask. He then noticed a bunch of boxes filled with motorcycle parts, and a bunch of paint cans off to the side, with Miko, Raf, and Jack walking over to them. He smiled, as he knew exactly what was happening, and what the kids were doing.

He then transformed into his grounder form, and left, leaving the warmth of the base, and headed into the cool, crisp morning Nevada air. As he drove along the empty road, he couldn't help but think about how much might change with him helping Team Prime. Maybe they could actually be able to have a chance at winning this war earlier than he remembered they did.

About an hour later, he arrived back at the base to find Optimus and Cliffjumper were now up. Cliffjumper was watching the others help the kids with their schoolwork, while Optimus was staring off into a corner of the base, lost in thought. Michael transformed, and walked up to him.

"Oh! Good Morning Optimus." He greeted. Optimus looked over, with a solemn look on his face.

"Good Morning, Michael.." He greeted back, but his Spark wasn't in it.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked, concerned.

"I... really do not know..." Optimus replied, with a sad tone in his voice.

Ratchet, who was working nearby, overheard, and decided to speak up.

"Optimus, why so glum?" He asked. "This planet... All planets are finally free from Megatron's tyranny." He said.

"I do not disagree Ratchet." Optimus replied. "It's just... a small part of me wished to change Megatron's mind, not extinguish his Spark." He said sadly.