Chapter 31: One Shall Rise: Part 1: A Rising Darkness

Normal Perspective:

Optimus stared up at the sky as fragments of Dark Energon rained down around the two leaders.

"Why is the Blood of Unicron erupting from beneath the Earth...?" The Prime asked weakly, forgetting that Megatron was there, and his optics widened when the Warlord spoke up.

"A question, Optimus, that you shall take to your grave." Megatron replied, and prepared to finish him off.

But before he could, a Groundbridge opened, with Bulkhead charging out and attacking him, knocking the Warlord back, but the Wrecker didn't stop, and did his best to hold the overpowered Warlord off.

Arcee then jumped through the portal, and gasped at the sight before her. She was pulled from her state of shock by Cliffjumper and Ratchet, who also arrived.

"We need to pull him through!" The CMO said urgently, and the three worked on getting their injured leader home.

Bulkhead fought off Megatron for as long as he could, and was about to continue the fight when Arcee yelled out for him.

"Bulkhead! Now now NOW!"

The Wrecker transformed and charged for the portal, successfully jumping through. Megatron charged and swung at it with his blade, which was now covered by purple flames and steam, only to miss and slice into the ground where the bridge once stood.

The Warlord growled in anger before the bigger picture came into view.

"This is merely the beginning!" He shouted to himself. "I now possess enough Dark Energon to reanimate Unicron himself! HAHAHAHAH! YEEESSS! HAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Back at the base, Bumblebee opened the Groundbridge, allowing all five bots to come through, two of them using themselves as supports for Optimus.

"Easy, Optimus." Ratchet advised. "From the looks of things, you've been exposed to a massive amount of Dark Energon."

The Prime looked up ahead of him at Raf and Michael, who by this point were now feeling much better and were regaining their strength.

"I am not the only one..." The Prime responded.

Bulkhead and Ratchet then helped him into a seat outside the Medbay, allowing him to rest and recover. He looked down next to him at the two boys who nearly died because of him with a somber look on his faceplate, but he tried to smile, relieved to see that they were alright.

The two looked back at him, relieved that he was also okay.

"Hey." They both greeted.

"They're lucky to be alive." June said, her voice laced with anger.

Optimus's smile faded, and his somber look returned, and deeped further than the first one.

Guilt welled up within him.

Even though the incident hadn't been his fault, he couldn't help but feel responsible.

They were a part of his team, his family, after all.

"Megatron found more of the dark stuff?" Jack asked as he, Miko, Jessica, and Vince descended the stairs to reach the main floor.

"A volcano full." Arcee replied.

"The question is: "How?"" Bulkhead added.

"No." Ratchet corrected. "The question is: "What?" As in, "What in the world is the Blood of Unicron doing here on Earth?""

"The 'Cons killed a unicorn?" Miko asked, thinking they were talking about something completely different. The Autobots, and Starscream, could only stare at her, completely lost by what she said, while Vince and Jessica snickered as Michael smirked. "White horse with a horn on its head? Prances around all sparkly?"