Chapter 22: Metal Attraction

Normal Perspective:

A few weeks had passed since June found out about the Autobots. She came to the base many times in the weeks that followed, much to Jack's embarrassment. She got to know the 'Bots and other humans quite well, but Vince and Miko would often tease Jack about the fact that she always came to the base. Even Jessica and Michael teased him from time to time. Not much had changed other than that.

Michael had once again moved his room. Instead of living in his room by himself as he had been, he had moved into Bumblebee's room, which the two now shared, leaving his former room vacant again, and ready for someone else to use. He found it amusing how he had changed rooms so many times in the time he had lived there, but he was more than happy to be sharing a room with his boyfriend.

One day, Vince, Michael, and Jack were at the base with Cliffjumper, Ratchet, and Arcee. Optimus and Bumblebee had gone out on a scouting mission, and Bulkhead had taken Miko, Raf, and Jessica out.

Michael had a feeling that Bumblebee and Optimus didn't go out on a scouting mission as they had said. He knew that the Rescue Bots existed as, in his homeworld at least, the two shows were in the same continuity. He also knew that the two mechs visited them at Griffin Rock from time to time, but he wasn't entirely sure if such was the case here or not, or if the Rescue Bots were even on Earth at all.

Ratchet was at the console as usual when he picked something up heading towards the silo.

"Arcee, a vehicular form is approaching." He said, keeping his optics on the screen.

"Decepticon?" Arcee asked, concerned their base's location had been compromised.

Ratchet pulled up the visual feed, only to see a cream-colored car driving off the main road and towards the silo.

"Mom..." Jack sighed in annoyance, having recognized the car.

"Again?" Arcee asked in a deadpanned voice.

"This is like, the tenth time she's visited in the past week." Cliffjumper added with a small smirk.

"She worries." Jack replied.

"Worries so much that she visits every day, Darby?" Vince asked with a smirk. Jack just sighed.

June pulled into the silo and parked next to Vince's car, then she got out.

"Hi honey!" She said to Jack as she walked up to him.

"Hey!" Jack replied, but then felt uncomfortable with her hugging him with everyone, except Ratchet, watching.

"Finished my shift early at the hospital so I thought I'd swing by." June explained. "Good to see you again, Doctor." She said to Ratchet. The medic turned and nodded in greeting before turning back to his work. "Arcee." The femme just shrugged. "Vince. Michael." She greeted as she looked over at the two teens.

"Nice to see you again, Ma'am." Michael greeted back and smiled warmly, while Vince gave a small smile.

"Cliffjumper." She greeted, turning to the red mech, who just nodded and smiled in reply. "So, where's Optimus?" She asked, hoping to see the Prime.

"On a scouting mission with Bumblebee." Ratchet replied. "Sorry to disappoint." He added, knowing that if Michael's behavior around Bumblebee before they entered their relationship was any indication, June was acting the same way around Optimus, but was far more obvious.

"And I wore heels and everything..." June said with a dreamy look on her face, while Jack just looked at her in utter disbelief and embarrassment.

"MOM!"