Chapter 79: Evolution

Normal Perspective:

A few days had passed since Orion, Elita, Jetfire, Tailgate, and Skyquake had been brought back to life and joined Team Prime, and they had spent the days catching up on what had taken place since their respective deaths, while Orion and Optimus kept up with their training, with the archivist performing exceptionally well.

Michael and the others assisted him with learning how to fight whenever they could, and in the process, began to bond more with Orion. Although the archivist was hesitant in getting to know those he hadn't met, he eventually grew to accept their company, and with their help, managed to become proficient in fighting, though he had yet to go into the field for real.

Smokescreen, as well as a few of the others, would often watch Orion train or spar with the other members of the team, especially Optimus, and were impressed by how quickly he was learning in such a short time.

Within the few days Orion had been around, Smokescreen couldn't help but feel proud as he had come to a realization. He had not only saved Optimus that day when he used the Forge on him, but he had also saved Orion without knowing it.

This made him feel proud, but he didn't let it go to his helm like the previous times, and instead took it in stride.

He really had come a long way since his arrival.

Michael had also taken into talking with Ultra Magnus at length, asking for advice on how to be a good Commander, and took the advice the blue mech gave him to heart, yet made sure to not go overboard like he did, and made sure to treat the others as equals.

This seemed to make Michael become favored over Ultra Magnus by the others, though neither Commander seemed to notice it, especially when Optimus was around.

While the Autobots relished in the peacetime they had with their new team members, the Decepticons had finished recovering from the mutation incident, and were now pivoting all their focus into Project Predacon to make up for the losses they incurred.

At what was thought to be an abandoned Energon mine, Megatron and Cyclonus landed on the ground in front of the entrance, near to where the Nemesis had been stationed.

"What are we doing at an abandoned mine, my liege?" Cyclonus asked.

Megatron didn't answer, and instead walked inside as the SIC followed, confused, then he spoke up, thinking that his Master was still mad over what had happened with the mutation incident.

"My liege, we never could've foreseen that our experimental supersoldier would encounter such... technical difficulties..."

"Resulting in the loss of a quarter of our remaining troops!" Megatron growled, as he turned and got into the seeker's faceplate. "You are lucky that the Insecticon hive wasn't infected or lost in the catastrophe!"

"I... yes... We are lucky, aren't we?" Cyclonus said, glancing away in embarrassment, while the Warlord sighed and walked on ahead, as Cyclonus followed once more.

They entered the main room, and Cyclonus looked around, surprised.

"So... this is Shockwave's off-site laboratory?" He asked no one in particular. "I'll admit, it's impressive."

The two walked between the two rows of large canisters, each one containing Cyber-Nucleic Acid and a Predacon protoform, as Shockwave walked over to meet them.

"The Predacon clones have almost fully evolved, and will be combat-ready within three solar cycles." The scientist said.

"Well done Shockwave." Megatron praised, impressed and pleased by the progress made. He then activated his comm. "Thundercracker, Skywarp, I'm waiting..."