Chapter 51: Into the Future

Normal Perspective:

A week had passed since the relic hunt had ended. Within that time, the events that Michael remembered as 'Hurt' took place, occurring the same day everyone returned from their respective missions. Miko, along with Wheeljack, who had been informed of Bulkhead's incident, had gone out to exact revenge on Hardshell, successfully doing so. Michael stayed back at the base instead of going with them, for he knew that his presence wouldn't change the outcome, nor was it his fight. He did, of course, feel guilty for what had happened, but Optimus had consoled him, saying that the outcome would've happened regardless of whether they had been given a prior warning or not.

The Techno-Organic had also given Raf the container of snow he had gotten for him, and had explained that the container was a special one, one that kept the snow from melting so the young boy could keep it, much to his and Bumblebee's delight, though it didn't quell their sorrow of what had happened to Bulkhead.

Within the week, the others had been informed of the Iacon Database's retrieval, which Optimus began to decode in earnest. Bulkhead and Breakdown had also woken up a few days after the hunt ended, their recoveries beginning a day later. Breakdown didn't need physical therapy like Bulkhead did, for he hadn't been as physically injured as the Wrecker, and his recovery had nearly finished. This made Miko all the more determined to help her friend recover, and swiftly began working Bulkhead hard in earnest.

However, the others soon noticed that she was acting more like a drill sergeant than a friend, and it showed clearly. They tried to say something, but she would only ignore them, so they left her be.

One evening, Miko was once again helping Bulkhead, but his recovery was slow, and the young girl wasn't having it.

"Three steps Bulkhead?" Miko asked in annoyed disappointment. "That's all you can manage?!"

"I'm sorry Miko..." He groaned. "My legs still hurt..." He then got up, struggling to do so, and struggling to keep his balance, but managing to do so.

"What did I say?" She asked firmly.

"No excuses..." He sighed.

"Exactly. Try again!" She said firmly. "Ten steps this time."

The Wrecker did, struggling as he did, as Ratchet walked up to Optimus, who was working to decode the Iacon Database.

"I hope decoding the Iacon Database is going more smoothly than Bulkhead's recovery." The CMO commented.

"Slow, but steady, Old Friend." The Prime replied.

"Human technology..." The medic scoffed. "But your expertise in the field should provide any edge we need to beat the Decepticons at this game."

"I fear that their access to Cybertronian technology may provide them with equal advantage." Optimus replied grimly.

Behind them, Bulkhead fell over, for he couldn't keep walking for long periods of time, for his legs would end up giving out after a while.

"Not good enough!" Miko shouted, annoyed. "You have to come back stronger than before!"

Bulkhead just groaned.

"Time for a break, Bulkhead." Ratchet said.

"A break?" Miko asked, not thinking there was time for such. "You think the 'Cons are gonna give Bulkhead a break in the middle of a firefight?!"

"If you push a patient too far too fast, you risk exacerbating their injuries." Ratchet explained as he and Knockout helped the Wrecker up.

"But-" "Bulkhead needs to rest." Ratchet said firmly, cutting the girl off.