Chapter 38: Operation: Bumblebee: Part 1: Gains and Losses

Normal Perspective:

A few weeks had passed since Optimus had been restored and Starscream had been made an official member of Team Prime. A few weeks had also passed since Bumblebee and Michael had bonded. They felt closer than they ever had before, though it was difficult for a few days afterward. While the two got used to knowing how a Spark bond worked, they had also come across something concerning.

While Michael and Bumblebee could contact each other through their bond while the Techno-Organic was in his Cybertronian form, they found that the bond seemed to be blocked out while Michael was in his human form, as if there was an invisible barrier cutting the connection off. They found it to be very inconvenient and concerning, but there was nothing that could be done about it.

But that wasn't the only problem the two faced.

For a few days after that night, the Autobots would act weirdly whenever they were around. Arcee, Starscream, and Ratchet would always smirk at them whenever they saw them, and Bulkhead and Cliffjumper would snicker to each other when the two were near them. Optimus would simply give a small smile and a nod when he saw them.

The two quickly caught on to their behavior, and their reason why.

Despite the thickness of the walls between each room, they were not soundproof, and they had been able to hear some of what had gone on in their room. Not all of it, but enough for them to put the pieces together.

Jessica was completely unaware of it all, for the human rooms were in another part of the base, away from the Autobot's berth rooms. Michael was pleased with this, for he did not want to explain to her about what had gone on in their room that night.

Despite that, however, this ended up embarrassing them once they found out, but the Autobots didn't mind, for their behavior was all in good-natured fun, and they were happy for the two mechs.

But the fun wouldn't last long.

One day, Optimus, Ratchet, and Michael were staking out a Decepticon mining site, for an ancient Autobot frequency had been detected.

This was concerning, for according to what Michael had told them, because Orion had never been taken aboard the Warship and used to decode the Iacon Database, they shouldn't have been able to get past the encryptions on the files, but it seemed that they found an alternate way around it.

Michael was especially concerned.

Because of the event change, the future should've changed along with it, but as far as he could tell, it hadn't.

He was shocked, relieved, and disappointed at this revelation.

He had slightly been hoping for the future to change to work in their favor, but also for it to stay the same, for his knowledge would become useless should the future be changed too much because of him.

Both fortunately and unfortunately for him, he needn't have worried.

While the Autobots had been concerned as to how Megatron was able to get past the decryptions on the files, they were more concerned by what was found, and were determined to keep it from Decepticon hands.

"Megatron?" Ratchet asked from behind the rocks he, Optimus, and Michael were hiding behind.

"It would seem that you have detected the ancient Autobot frequency because it was unearthed." The Prime replied.

"Well, our backup shouldn't be far behind." Ratchet said.

"Without knowing what the Decepticons have exhumed, I do not think I am willing to wait." Optimus replied, and deployed his blaster. Then he headed towards the site with Ratchet and Michael following behind him.