Chapter 65: Scattered

Normal Perspective:

It had come as a huge shock to the Decepticons for them to learn that Shockwave, who had been believed to be dead for over three years, had survived the Spacebridge sabotage back on Cybertron before the war moved to Earth, but Megatron was pleased to see the scientist again.

"Lord Megatron." The single-optical 'Con greeted, bowing.

"Shockwave!" The Warlord greeted back in surprise, but was pleased nonetheless. "This is quite an unexpected turn. I thought you'd perished on Cybertron."

"As did we all." Cyclonus agreed.

"Reports of my demise were greatly premature." Shockwave explained. "A pair of Autobots infiltrated my facility on Cybertron, sabotaging my Spacebridge. I gave chase, but failed to accurately calculate the outcome. I awoke in the rubble blinded. It soon became clear that I was marooned on our dead planet with no means of communication. In time, I repaired my wounds and resumed my experiments. The solitude enabled me to make tremendous advances in my research until one day my sensors detected two massive surges of unidentifiable energy. I traveled to investigate their origin at the edge of the Sea of Rust, where I encountered your salvage team and the smoldering wreckage of the Omega Lock, but this was not the search party I had anticipated so long ago, leaving one unanswered question: Why was I left for scrap? Abandoned? Why?"

Silence fell in the room for a few moments as the question lingered, until Thundercracker spoke up.

"I believe I have a theory." He began. "I believe the explosion might've caused the power core chamber to collapse, so the last thing anyone would have witnessed was you running into the malfunctioning bridge, but not come back out, for it could have possibly wiped out any witnesses. That, or they fled before the explosion."

"I find your theory to be... logical." The scientist concluded.

Shockwave then looked around, noticing the unfamiliar other-worldly beings in the room.

They were certainly different, yet very intriguing.

"What are these beings before me?" The single-optical scientist asked.

"These, Shockwave, are only a few of what has become my new army." Megatron replied. "Brought to our world by way of the mystical weapon known as the Keyblade."

He then summoned Tyrant's Desire to his servo, and brought it up to the scientist, letting him study its appearance.

"Such a means of mystical power is unheard of, my liege." The scientist said. "Even among that of the ancients."

"Indeed Shockwave, but recent developments have become apparent in your prolonged absence, such as a weapon capable of sealing away Darkness, and opening doorways to worlds beyond our own." The Warlord replied.

"So, the multiverse does indeed exist." Shockwave said, and looked at the Heartless and other creatures, then back at the Keyblade Megatron was holding. "I wish to study this weapon and these beings for further research."

"My deepest apologies, Shockwave, by these beings and my weapon are off-limits."

"I find your decision to be... understandable."

"As Megatron's First Leuitenate," Cyclonus began, as Megatron and Shockwave began walking away. "Allow me to be the first to welcome you back to the winning team."

Megatron then stopped.

"And allow me to clarify the new chain of command." He said, and turned to face the others. "While Cyclonus will retain authority over military operations, Shockwave will be my First Lieutenant in charge of all... scientific endeavors."