Chapter 40: Loose Cannons

Normal Perspective:

A few weeks had passed since the incidents with MECH and the Forge. Bumblebee had gone on many drives after the incident, wanting to make up for the time he had lost without his wheels. The Forge's loss wasn't a complete downside, for the Autobots now had the Shield Generator in their vault thanks to Michael.

Early one night, The Autobots were in the Command Center, all of them except for Starscream, who was in his berth room. Michael and Jessica were also in the room in the human area by the console, being the only humans there.

Jack was working late, Miko was grounded by her host parents, Raf was unwell, and Vince was hanging out elsewhere.

No other new relics had been found, and there hadn't been much activity, allowing the Autobots a break for a while.

They were all enjoying the peace until a call came in from Fowler, ruining it.

"PRIME! WHAT IN BLAZES ARE YOUR PEOPLE DOING OUT HERE?! WE HAD AN AGREEMENT: NO COLLATERAL DAMAGE!"

"I am sorry, Agent Fowler." Optimus said, and gestured to the rest of the team behind him. "But all Autobots are present and accounted for."

"Then explain why I'm receiving reports of two jumbo-sized bots mixing it up 20 miles outside Omaha!"

"Decepticons?" Ratchet asked, thinking it to be the most likely explanation.

"There has been plenty of in-fighting lately." Arcee added. "Megatron can't seem to keep his ranks in line."

"Well, I'm just arriving on the scene. Have a look."

The feed then changed to the battle, showing an unknown mech that looked nearly identical to Skyquake, but was painted blue, not green.

"I don't know." Bulkhead said. "Paintjob aside, it can't be Skyquake. You, Michael, and Optimus pounded him into the ground." He said to Bumblebee.

"Before Michael yanked him back out." Arcee added. "And brought his body back here."

Michael looked away as he went a slight shade of red, though he was thankful that Starscream wasn't in the room to hear that.

"The question still stands: Who's the dance partner?" Arcee asked.

The camera then moved to a ship that looked recognizable to Michael, with a bot that everyone, except for Jessica, recognized, standing near it.

It was Wheeljack.

"By the AllSpark." Ratchet said in surprise. "It is one of ours!"

"Wheeljack!" Bulkhead said, then he became excited. "HAHA! JACKIE'S BACK!" He yelled, hitting Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Ratchet, and Arcee in their back struts.

"I don't care if Abraham Lincoln's back" Fowler shouted in anger. "We have to contain this situation before we all wind up on the 11'o clock news!"

The call then ended, and the Autobots, along with Michael, headed out to deal with the situation, leaving Ratchet, Starscream, and Jessica at the base.

At the battle site, Wheeljack and the unknown mech were carelessly trading fire, not at all concerned for the buildings or possible humans around them. Wheeljack was using his ship as a shield as they traded fire.

"You got nowhere left to run, 'Con!" Wheeljack yelled as he fired at the other mech.

He began chasing him, but stopped when a jet arrived near him.

"This is Special Agent Fowler of-" He never finished as Wheeljack, not knowing who he was, shot at him. "Woah! Stand down, Hothead! I'm on your side!"

This distraction allowed the blue mech to get a shot at the white Wrecker, hitting his shoulder-plate and throwing him back.