Chapter 39: Operation: Bumblebee: Part 2: To Feel Whole Again

Normal Perspective:

It was in the twilight hours of the evening when Bumblebee had been rescued and brought back to base by the others, who had been informed of the situation. Michael was now sitting by his boyfriend's side in his Cybertronian form, his optics pale green, as the others stood around the two. He wasn't mad at him or Bulkhead, for he knew this would happen, but it didn't make the pain in his Spark hurt any less.

"Of all the scrap-brained ideas..." Ratchet scolded. "Taking Bumblebee into a potential chase scenario when he no longer has the ability to access his wheels?!"

"He improvised." Bulkhead said simply.

"Hey! 'Bee's waking up!" Raf called.

"<:Ow.... my helm....:>" Bumblebee groaned as he sat up.

Michael instantly hugged the scout tightly.

"Thank god you're okay, 'Bee!" Michael said gratefully.

"You've already lost your voicebox and your T-Cog." Ratchet said in annoyance. "Were you really trying to add your Spark to the list?!"

"<:I'm useless...:>"

"Please, 'Bee, please don't say that." Michael said sadly.

"Don't say that Bumblebee!" Raf argued. "You're not useless!"

"Look," Arcee spoke up, annoyed. "I hate to break up the pity party, but the 'Cons just added unknown Iacon relic pay-day number two to their armory."

"The Shield Generator." Michael said.

"Neither blame nor praise will modify past events." Optimus said as he walked up. "But we cannot afford to take any further unnecessary risks. Bumblebee, you are not to leave our base. Not until we can retrieve your bio-mechanism."

He then began to walk away.

As he did, Ratchet and Michael, who was now standing, looked at each other as they had a silent conversation, then the same idea popped into their helms, and they ran over to the Prime.

"Bumblebee is right to be less than hopeful." Ratchet began. "But we three know that there exists a way to make him whole again."

"A transplant." Optimus answered. "But that would require a donor."

"I'll do it." Michael said instantly, surprising both mechs. "I don't rely on my wheels as much as Bumblebee does, and I have my Keyblade and other abilities to use in battle. Please, Optimus. I just... I want to be able to do more for him..."

Optimus turned and put a servo on Michael's shoulder-plate.

He knew that Michael would put others before himself in any situation, especially when it came to Bumblebee, no matter the cost.

"A generous offer, Michael," Optimus replied. "but I am afraid that your T-Cog is incompatible with the rest of us, for you are a Triple-Changer, and we are not."

Michael could only look down, saddened, and headed back over to the others to try and cheer his boyfriend up.

"If Bumblebee needs a donor, you need look no further than the Autobot standing before you." Ratchet said.

Optimus looked over at the medic, surprised.

"Yet another generous offer, Old Friend," Optimus said. "but your solution would merely trade one Autobot's handicap for another's."

"I don't rely upon my T-Cog." Ratchet replied. "Not like Bumblebee does. The ability to transform is virtually wasted on me! This is where I spend my days, where my thoughts and hands are of value, not my weapons or wheels." The two then looked over at the others, who, aside from Starscream, were attempting to cheer the scout up, but weren't having much luck. "Our team can't afford to be shy even one warrior in the field."