Chapter 69: Project Predacon

Normal Perspective:

A week had passed since Darkmount had been taken down, and the Autobots had settled in well at their new base.

Mike had also managed to get along well with the others, at least, most of the time, and finally felt like one of the team, but felt very awkward around Bumblebee at times.

He knew that the scout he had come to secretly love, and the scout he now living amongst, were not the same, just as he and Michael were not the same, but that didn't mean that his Spark didn't hurt every time he looked at him.

When he saw his counterpart and the scout together, whereas one in his position would most likely feel jealous, he could only feel happy. He may not have found happiness in such a way, but at least his counterpart had done so, and at least he now wasn't alone anymore, for he now had people who would stand by him if he needed them.

Secretly, however, he wished he could have what his counterpart did, but he knew it would never happen.

Early one night, Optimus was standing by the entrance, waiting for something. Michael and Bumblebee were sitting on the floor nearby, leaning on the wall cuddling. Knockout and Ratchet were still working on the Harbinger's systems, and the others were in recharge, while Jessica was sitting on the couch in the new human area.

They all looked over as the sound of an engine filled the air, and watched as a road vehicle was driven into the base, stopping in front of Optimus.

Fowler, who was driving it, then opened the door and spoke up to the Prime, introducing the vehicle to him, having been asked about any suitable candidates for Optimus's new form that would be able to accommodate his jetpack, as his old vehicle mode had been lost when he had gotten the new body.

"Prime, what we have here is an experimental all-terrain expeditionary fighting vehicle." The agent explained. "Designed by the finest engineers in our M.A.S.K division."

"Thank you, Agent Fowler." Optimus said, as Fowler climbed down from the cab. "This will most certainly do."

Two blue beams shot from his optics as he proceeded to scan it, the specs of the vehicle being uploaded to his T-Cog, but his outer appearance remained unchanged, as the vehicle looked nearly identical to him.

The Prime finished scanning, and after thanking their liaison once again, he went to go speak with Ratchet and Knockout about their progress.

Michael watched, then looked at the vehicle Optimus scanned, and smirked slightly. He didn't know if the vehicle had intentionally been designed to look like Optimus, or if it was just a reskin of his vehicle mode's model, but he couldn't help but find it slightly amusing as to how nearly identical it looked to Optimus. Especially due to the window designs and the boosters behind it.

To him, it didn't look to be a coincidence.

The next day, Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack had been sent to look for anything that had been left behind in the remains of Autobot Outpost Omega One.

During this time, Raf, Knockout, and Ratchet were testing out the Groundbridge, having finally gotten it to work under Autobot technology. As they were testing, a call came in from Ultra Magnus, requesting travel back to the base. The request was granted, and a bridge was sent.

"Return trajectory fluctuations have been stabilized!" Raf called over the noise.

"Ultra Magnus, we are ready to receive you." Ratchet said into the comm. He then pulled down the lever for the Groundbridge controls and looked at the bridge to ensure he arrived safely.

Dreadwing, Breakdown, Starscream, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Mike, and Michael were also at the base, and watched the operation in progress.