Stranger Things [Eddie Munson]

Christmastime is the perfect time to let your friends and fans in on a secret you've kept for over a year.

Author's Note: Happy (early) Christmas!

. .

. .

  High school was supposed to be a time to have fun and fool around.

It was NOT meant for you to fall in love with the first boy you spent weeks tiptoeing around because you developed a major crush on him. But Eddie Munson got his hooks in you deep and you found you couldn't complain.

You and Eddie didn't have too many things in common, but the two of you learned to like what the other liked or at least tolerate it for the sake of each other's sanity. Eddie loved D&D, but you could barely grasp what was happening or how to play. You loved rom-coms, but Eddie could hardly stand them unless his head was in your lap and you played with his hair.

The major differences were your taste in music, but you supported Corroded Coffin with all your heart and Eddie supported your song writing and the cheesy lyrics you would write down and sometimes leave behind in his room.

At first glance, you and Eddie seemed suited to one another. But the more people got to know the two of you and your different personalities, they couldn't fathom how it was you managed to stick together.

You and Eddie both took your music seriously, so it was a shock to you when you were approached after singing a cover of one of your favorite songs at a small cafe. With some music producer's card in hand, Eddie was the most stoked for you to give them a call and see what the deal was even when you were hesitant in doing so.

For months you spoke on the phone with a music producer and shared some of your unfinished songs with them, and by the time you were set to graduate, you had a studio booked states away so you could record an EP. You were excited and nervous, and afraid of leaving Eddie behind because while he was only meant to be a high school sweetheart, he became so much more in the two years you had dated. But when your hesitancy was made obvious, Eddie encouraged you to live your life and see where this took you. He'd be in Hawkins, because his grades weren't good enough to graduate with you and would only be a phone call away when you needed to talk.

So, you left the comfort of your hometown and Eddie Munson, and you made a name for yourself.

For years you wrote and toured and did interviews, all the while calling Eddie every night that you were able to. Sometimes Eddie, and even his uncle Wayne, would make one of your shows if it was close enough- always sitting in the section you'd reserved for them. And those nights that Eddie would spend with you, you'd lay in his arms and apologize for the long-distance relationship you were subjecting him to. But Eddie never complained. He loved you as much as you loved him, and he vowed to always be there no matter what- through thick and thin.

And Eddie... well, he always keeps his promises.

 well, he always keeps his promises