Stranger Things [Billy Hargrove]

Imagine being Steve Harrington's sister and catching the eye of the new guy who wants to dethrone your brother.

. .

. .

  Nothing interesting ever happened in Hawkins- not counting what went down with Will Byers, the Hawkins Lab, or the fact that monsters and little girls with supernatural abilities existed- so when a new family moves to town, you hear all about it.

Thanks to your parents' nosy ways, you know all about Neil Hargrove and his new wife Susan, his teenage son Billy and her younger teenage daughter Maxine. No one knows why a family from California would move to a place like Hawkins, Indiana, but no one is brave enough to question it.

The newbies don't show up to school on Monday, but on Tuesday at Hawkins High, the only thing anyone can talk about during your first two class periods is the Californian babe who rolled up in a roaring Chevrolet Camaro earlier that morning. And by your third class period, you're more than ready for a nap in order to drown out all the incessant giggling.

"You can go ahead and take a seat by YN. YN, please raise your hand." You hear the words, but you don't really register them. Not until the voice is snapping at you. "YN!"

"What!?"

The classroom giggles as you scowl at the teacher, mood souring at your near nap being interrupted. "I said to please raise your hand so that Mr. Hargrove can see where he's supposed to sit."

"I'm pretty sure with the two of us holding this conversation, Mr. Hargrove knows exactly who I am and knows where to sit now. Holding up my hand is redundant."

Crossing your arms over your desktop once more, you lay your head down and hope there are no more interruptions during the class period.

"Someone's not a mid-morning person." If the voice hadn't tipped you off to this being the new guy, then him speaking to you surely did because your regular classmates knew enough to leave you be. When you crack open an eye, he smirks. "Name's Billy."

"YN. Now shh. I'm not tolerable until after lunch."

You can practically feel the new guy staring at you, so you turn your head the other way and listen with half an ear to make sure you're not missing anything important in class. The teacher drones on and on, putting on a video halfway and passing out sheets of paper that you're to answer while watching. So groaning, you sit back up and complete your class work.

"Hey," Billy utters. "What'd you get for number six? I didn't catch it."

You sign your name on top of your paper and hold it out for him. "You can copy the rest if you take my paper up there with yours so I don't have to get up."

"Done."

As soon as Billy has your paper in hand and starts copying your answers, you lay your head back down and hope to catch a few minutes of shut eye. Instead, you're unable to sleep so you listen to the other females sitting closest to Billy attempt to flirt with him.

Then when the bell rings, you leave without so much as sparing him another glance.

You have to endure another full class period before it's time for lunch, and then with a full lunch tray you make your way to the table that now consists of Steve, Nancy and Jonathan. Steve is the only one who acknowledges your presence, grunting a greeting to which you nod at before digging into your pizza and corn.

"So have any of you had a class with that douchebag from Cali?" Steve asks.

You shrug. "Third period."