Marvel [Bucky Barnes]

You've always been the touchy-feely sorts with people you're comfortable around. So when you're told your touching could be making Bucky uncomfortable, you stop.

But here's the thing.. Bucky didn't want you to stop.

. .

. .

Growing up, you were terrible at minding people's boundaries. You were always pressed against someone's side, grabbing their hand to play with their fingers or hugging them at random times and taking forever to let go. Your family embraced it, your friends learned to adapt to it, and later on in life your co-workers started to seek you out for a bit of comfort no one could find in your line of work.

SHIELD agents weren't known for their kindness or comfort, so you were surprised when the Avengers requested you for their special team that they were putting together so the superheroes didn't have to take every mission sent their way. Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye trained all of you, and it was Hawkeye who continuously sought you out for head rubs since he was acquainted with your touches before he had left to be part of the Avengers.

Natasha liked her hair played with after a tough mission, Clint liked his scalp scratched when he couldn't fall asleep, Bruce liked his temples and neck rubbed when an equation was giving him a hard time, and Wanda and Sam were down for all sorts of affection when you were freely giving it. Steve and Tony were the only ones you could see who didn't like to be touched, so you always kept your hands to yourself around them. But then Steve brought Bucky to the compound and it was hell keeping your hands to yourself when you saw just how pitiful the Winter Soldier looked in a plain tee, joggers and wet hair tied into a knot at the back of his head.

Slowly but surely you would inch closer and closer, brushing against him when you realized he stopped tensing at your closeness. You'd squeeze his arm here or there in thanks for something he'd done for you, shove your toes under his thigh when he sat opposite you on the couch, and most recently started resting your head against his shoulder when he sat really close to you. At first you didn't think he was as accepting as you had hoped and started to pull back, but he surprised you one day when you were laid out on the sofa. You saw him near and went to curl your legs out of his way, but he grabbed onto your ankles and lifted your feet before lowering them back onto his lap. You stared and he smirked, and you chuckled quietly before going back to your show.

Bucky only felt comfortable enough with your touches when it was just the two of you, so of course there's an issue when Steve walks in one day and your fingers are in Bucky's hair.

He tenses, you squirm, and Steve frowns as he watches the two of you.

You try to get Bucky to ease up again, but he's not having it as his best friend hovers. You sigh and then quickly gather his hair in your hands, tying it into a knot at the back of his head. "Go," you say as you tap his shoulder. "We'll continue this another day."

Bucky says nothing as he gets up, stalking out of the room without a word.

That's how the rest of the week goes, Steve somehow interrupting you and Bucky whenever you're alone. And it just so happened that he caught you when your feet were in Bucky's lap, your fingers in his hair or yourself draped over his lap in one of your over exaggerated episodes of exhaustion. Bucky tensed and went quiet every time, and you sighed and gave him the option to escape back to his rooms if he so wished. He did, avoiding the stare of Steve's disapproval on his way.

 He did, avoiding the stare of Steve's disapproval on his way