Stranger Things [Billy Hargrove]

When your boyfriend cheats on you, you find yourself hanging out with Max more and more. In doing so, Billy Hargrove proves he's a changed guy. Could this be the start of something new?

. .

. .

 With tears in your eyes, you walk across the street and then down the sidewalk until you're two houses down. The house you're approaching has a blue Camaro parked in the driveway, which nearly makes you turn back around until its owner is gone, but you need to speak with Max and you need to speak with her now.

Knocking on the front door, you step back and cross your arms over your chest. You scuff the toe of your shoe on the front stoop, waiting patiently, and are rewarded when the front door is yanked open. Billy Hargrove looks disgruntled at being interrupted, but his demeanor softens just a bit and an eyebrow arches at your appearance.

You sniffle and attempt to gulp down the lump in your throat. "Hi, Billy. Is, uh, is Max home?"

"She's sick."

"I just- I need to speak with her real quick and then I'll leave. Promise."

"Whatever." With his gaze still on you, Billy barely turns his head to call over his shoulder, "Maxine! The door's for you!"

It takes a few seconds for the familiar redhead to stomp through the living room, but when she catches sight of you on the other side of the door with red puffy eyes as you attempt to hold yourself together, her expression immediately softens as she asks, "YN? What happened?" She steps in front of Billy, but Billy is apparently interested to know what's going on with you now and doesn't attempt to give you any privacy.

"Did you know?" You ask.

"Know what?"

"That Eddie fucked Chrissy." Her eyes widen as Billy snorts something that suspiciously sounds like fuckin' idiot behind her back. "Did you know?"

"What?" Her tone is eerily calm and then she explodes. For someone who's sick, her anger is still something to behold. "When did this happen?!"

"Last month." Your shoulders sag since it seems she didn't know either. "Jason taunted me with the information like the asshole he is and then confronted both Chrissy and Eddie in the cafeteria in front of everyone. Apparently all of Hellfire knew, so now I'm just trying to figure out who my friends really are since the boys quickly banded together in support of their dungeon master. He can do no wrong in their eyes."

"All of Hell.." she trails off, glassy eyes hardening. "Lucas knew?"

"Yep. All the youngsters looked apologetic, but Eddie needed them more than me, I guess."

"That stupid son of a-" Her fist smacks into the door jamb in her anger. "I'm going to murder him!" You wince when you see how angry she truly is, most likely more at her boyfriend for not telling her, but still. "And Eddie too! I mean, what the hell was he thinking?!"

"I don't know, but- please don't do anything rash. I didn't tell you to make you upset with them. I just- I needed to know that at least one friend wasn't a liar."

"What about El? Or Robin?"

You shrug. "I adore El, but you're my favorite freshman. Plus, she and Mike are sickeningly dependent on one another. And Robin? I don't have lunch with her so I don't know if she knows what's happened yet. I left school after Eddie didn't deny the accusation."

Max takes a few breaths before calming herself and she sags against the doorway, her exhaustion catching up to her. "If I had known, I'd have told you. I can't believe he would- and that the others would-" She stops, sighing in aggravation.