"She's a threat to everyone and herself, I had tolerated her wild behaviors because she didn't hurt anyone but when Tracy called me and told me that you'd been-" Shelby's voice trailed off. "I had to do something, we would normally conduct an investigation but no one died and she's a wild horse so maybe we can't tame her."

"No one asked you to and she's not a wild horse." Heather gritted her teeth. "You're the only one who has been trying to tame her since you feel a great need to rekindle your horse whispering era."

"I tried and still try to tame her because if she doesn't understand that we're on her side, she'll do more than bust someone's head open." Shelby's breathing was ragged. "I cannot lose you even if I know you're going to try and pull rank and be stubborn about it but you're not getting close to that horse again or I'm shipping her to the next available stable."

"You're not my mother."

"Your tongue is losing its sharpness." Shelby smiled softly. "Try to stay of trouble Heather, do not go towards trouble this time or-"

"Or what?" Heather pushed.

"Or I'll bash your head in myself."

Heather stared daggers at Shelby's retreating form. "Bran-"

"Nuh uh, I don't want my head to be bashed in by Shelby."

"Like she could actually hurt a fly." Heather rolled her eyes. "I need to see my angel before I do actually pull rank because Zina didn't attack me, rather it wasn't me she was aiming for."

Whipping her head towards the direction Fiona disappeared through just moments before, Heather said her hasty goodbyes, running in that direction hoping she found Fiona in time.

°°°

Fiona was about to clock in for her break when Heather bursted through the corner, crashing into the heap of hay stationed by the side.

"I have never seen a sight so beautiful." Fiona laughed at the yet graceful sight of Heather covered in hay.

"Shut the fuck up and help me up."

Fiona raised her bandaged arm. "One armed woman here."

"You're such a bitch."

"I'm not the one lying on the floor with my hair filled with hay."

Heather spat out the hay that had gotten into her mouth and dusted herself, her hair would be done later at her own convenience. "Thank goodness I caught you before you holed yourself somewhere."

"It's my break."

"That's great." Heather chirped. "That means you have time to answer some of my questions."

"What questions?" Fiona's brows raised in question.

"Why are they keeping Zina under lock and key?"

Fiona shrugged. "I don't know."

Heather stare turned hard. "You should start providing answers Fiona because I know you know, why's she under supervision over something you obviously orchestrated? Why's she locked up and you're walking around and not saying anything?"

"I don't have the time for you to badger me with these insane questions." Fiona tried to push her way past Heather but she didn't budge.

"You ran in from the open fields, knowing fully well that was Zina's territory. Don't try to deny it cause I saw you, you were already bleeding by the time you made it to safety, what did you do to Zina to make her attack you?"

"I said I don't know." Fiona gritted her teeth. "What's the problem anyway? She'll be out in a few days and all this will be blown under the carpet."

"Is that the saddened reality you cope with? Shelby is planning to ship her to the next available stable."