Drama at the 2-9

Começar do início

"Oh perfect, she can answer any questions you have." Joe said when he saw Eddie at the door. Jamie looked like he just heard an earful and needed a minute to think.

"Huh, look...Casey gets really excited and his adrenaline kicks in when stuffs happening. He had no way of knowing it was a set up, I almost didn't know but my intuition was telling me something was off and then I saw the SUV and Joe coming toward me." Eddie explained calmly.

"But he can't just go in by himself either. You should've approached the scene together...that's what partners are for." Jamie said.

"I know but-" Eddie started.

"And he's a rookie cop...your the veteran, he shouldn't be making the calls." Jamie added.

"But he did get the guy, it's not like he's still out there so that's a plus right!?" Eddie said trying to be positive and defend herself.

"If I wanted to get him for intent to sell I could've got him months ago, this operation has been in the works for weeks, so many late nights sitting back and watching him, learning his routine, figuring out where we could bust him!" Joe explained.

"Look I'm sorry but this wasn't my fault. You can have it out with Casey." Eddie said giving up. Joe just shook his head.

"Jamie can't he still get charged for selling...?" She asked looking at him, he shook his head no.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because there's not enough evidence!" Joe said louder.

"Okay look I think everyone's had a long day maybe-" Jamie started to try and deescalate.

"You're being unreasonable! This wasn't my fault! I didn't mess it up!" Eddie shouted back.

"Well you didn't stop him!" Joe shouted back. People outside the office all stopped and looked after hearing the shouting.

"Okay...!" Jamie quick shut the door and the blinds.

"Are you just gonna let him talk to me like that!?" Eddie asked him.

"No, Joe just relax a second. I think you need to go home and get a good nights sleep. I will talk to Casey about all this. As for you...you gotta finish the paperwork and then go home, I don't know, I can't even think straight." He said rubbing his head. They both listened and left pissed of. Jamie had headache.
——

When Eddie got home both kids were in bed, Jamie was still up watching tv.

"Your still up?" Eddie asked knowing it was past 11, she set her things down.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about today." He told her and turned the tv off.

"Oh." She said and went to sit with him.

"First off, I love you." Jamie admitted and kissed her.

"Huh love you too..." she sighed.

"Why'd you say it like that?" He asked.

"Oh because I can only imagine what you have to say about how wrong I am, or how much trouble were in." She rambled.

"You're not in trouble, I watched your body cam footage. There were multiple times you told Casey to stop or wait and he didn't." He told her.

"Yeah so? I know I'm a veteran cop but I'm not in charge of him necessarily." Eddie added.

"No but considering the other incidents that's happened to him by jumping the gun to soon instead of listening to you means something." Jamie said.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Means I can take him out of your car and put him with someone he has to listen to. He's being reckless, and that's unsafe. Especially when it comes to him riding with you." He went on.

"Okay so put him with a sergeant...ooo how bout McNichols!? She'll put the screws to him." Eddie suggested enthusiastically.

"No, me." He said.

"You...?!" Eddie was taken back.

"I know-"

"You just told me he's not a safe partner and you don't want me riding with him! Now I'm supposed to be all for you riding with him!?" Eddie exclaimed.

"I know it sounds bad but I have confidence in myself to set him straight and cover my own back." Jamie said.

"I don't like this. Do you think I wasn't confident enough or experienced enough to do the same?" She asked.

"Eddie no that's not what I'm saying. All I wanna do is put him to the test a little, stick him with a higher up and see how he responds. If it's the same then we got bigger problems. I'm just trying to help him out before he digs himself a bigger hole." Jamie explained. Eddie was quiet, Jamie took her by the hand.

"Don't take it personally, this is me looking out for you. Joe wanted to go to the CO about you two he was so mad." Jamie said.

"Did he!?" Eddies heart stopped a second.

"No I talked him out of it." Jamie assured.

"Huh. I hate that he's mad at me..." Eddie was disappointed at the whole thing.

"He'll come around and realize it wasn't your fault and there's more to life then being mad about work." Jamie said rubbing her back.

"I hope so." Eddie said and laid her head into Jamie's chest for a hug.