Chapter Ten.

They were waiting in the corridor of the society for the lift to open but Manik was completely lost in his thoughts with balloons still in his tight hold.

Everyone passing from there were totally surprised witnessing that scenario. It was something unbelievable but Manik was completely ignorant about his surroundings.

"Manik can I take your picture with these balloons? Please!." Nandini pleaded finding him too adorable that she wanted to capture this moment for lifetime.

Manik's reverie broke and he finally looked around to find surprised stares from the people of the society.

"Why? I mean.."

She interrupted him and again requested with her innocent eyes which he couldn't deny.

Sighing heavily he bobbed his head in yes and the lift door opened at the same time. He was more comfortable in getting himself clicked in the vacant lift rather than in the corridor.

"Nandu dare you show it to anyone." Manik tried to be firm seeing her mischievous grin which indicated something naughty is running in her mind.

"What if I send it in our group with the caption 'awwdorable Manik'? Waah Nandu what an idea." She patted herself in appreciation but got startled when Manik snatched her mobile suddenly.

Her eyes became bigger and she tried taking her mobile back but failed as Manik stretched his hands upwards, even after jumping which wasn't easy because of the crutch. Nandini leaned back and glared at him but his teasing grin didn't falter at all.

"Giraffe Manik Malhotra give me my phone back and dare you delete it." She threatened him pointing her index finger at him, her small button nose flaring and she looked extremely cute to him.

He loved teasing her so much!!

"What an idea Ms. Mousie Nandini Kapoor." Manik said giving her an impressed look.

"Manik, don't call me a mouse ." She screamed his name in anger and tried snatching the phone again but in all this a 'boom' sound was heard scaring the shit out of them.

They looked at each other baffled and then Manik's gaze fell over the purple balloon which was lying on the floor torn apart and following his gaze, Nandini picked it up. Their eyes met again and they broke into a huge laughter at their childish behaviour.

The lift door was opened on Manik's floor but they were unbothered and laughing.

"I can't imagine we were actually fighting like that." Nandini said in-between her laughter, tears in her eyes due to laughing so much.

"What's this?" Manik asked surprised with the words written on the white balloon among the bunch of colorful ones.

"Manik X Nandini" ~ why have you written this? And when?" He asked tracing their names with his index finger.

"When you were gone to buy me an icecream and because they are yours from me."

Manik's lips curled upwards and he shook his head , amazed by her yet again.

"I will thank you in a different way." He said moving forward with a naughty grin while she stepped back, frown lines forming on her forehead not understanding what was he trying to do.