Chapter Sixteen.

Soulmates don't walk away, they stay and fix things after a fight.❞

Turning and tossing over the comfy bed, Manik felt only restlessness and couldn't get any sleep even being tired to bones. It was like a curse to him that he is never able to sleep at new places especially on the very first night of his stay. And right now not only this place but thinking about all his conversations with Nandini made him feel unsettled.

Going through their each conversation during the journey he could comprehend where he was wrong. They had just entered into a relationship where they hadn't even talked openly about it and he described a girl he would want in his life which was far from what Nandini looked like. This was ought to make her feel insecure. Though this wasn't he ever intended but he couldn't deny that it was his mistake. And maybe seeing him with Aliya, was like a mortal blow to her insecurities leading to her paroxysmal reaction. But would he have done that, being on her place?

Maybe yes? Or maybe he would've given her the benefit of doubt and let her explain herself. It wasn't like he was caught red-handed cheating on her with Aliya. They were just talking and she should've trusted him enough to tell her the actual matter.

Not letting his gaze waver from the wall clock which showed six-fifteen in the morning, Manik thought all the ways he could approach her and try to solve this matter. Atleast he will try from his side once more. Ruminating about all this he didn't realise when his eyes drooped down and he fell into a deep slumber.

Nandini sighed peacefully entering in her room after almost six months. "I've missed my room so much." She mumbled and plonked over her bed with a satisfied smile.

"This room missed you too." Priya smiled at her daughter, staring at her face with all the love. Supporting herself with her elbows Nandini moved upwards and rested her head on Priya's lap.

"So how's Mumbai? Ghar ki yaad aati h bhi ya nhi? Everytime when I call you either your phone is busy or you." Nandini gave her mother a sheepish smile and the latter pulled her cheek.

"Mumma ghar ki bhut yaad aati h. And life in Mumbai is very busy. My day gets over in a blink of an eye and the little time I'm able to squeeze out, I spend it either talking with you people or with Manik's family."

"So your bonding with his family is good? And even Mauli is his friend right?" Priya enquired further.

"Yes they all are super awesome. Like a home, away from home. Even his three more friends are yet to come. Unka ghar Delhi me hai so they'll be coming tomorrow." Nandini filled in, with a broad smile that reflected on Priya's face as well. She was happy to see her daughter's eyes twinkling.

"That's great and I'm so happy to see you smiling like this. Chalo now you sleep. We'll talk later." She said kissing her daughter's forehead and getting up.

"Mumma can I request you something?" Nandini asked hesitatingly sitting squarely on the bed.

"What's there to request? Seedhe se bolo." Priya stopped and looked at her with knitted brows.

"Mumma, Manik hai na, he's a little reserved. I mean his family is really small and he isn't used to this big family gathering. Even Mukti too but I've seen she doesn't feel uncomfortable but Manik does. Toh kya aap thoda friendly behave kar sakte hai uske sath. You know papa isn't fond of him much, toh please can you look after him? Just for the time I'm not there."

Priya was surprised to see concern in her daughter's eyes for someone she had met just a few months ago and she knew the feelings doesn't end till concern but goes way more deeper. And why not? Manik is the only name she'd been listening constantly from Nandini when the latter shares her day with them. It's like he is the only one her heart finds important.