Chapter Eighteen.

Nandini's Pov

Securing my dangling earrings in my right ear, I rushed towards mumma's room as I was running late. It was around four in the morning that I could finally embrace some sleep even after coming back at two thirty from our secret night out.

His childlike grin, eyes glimmering with happiness as the bubbles floated in air letting the light refract through them was one of the most spectacular view of my life and the only image that flashed every time I shut my eyes. It had kept me awake for hours. It was disturbing- in a beautiful way though.

My body jostled a little backward as I bumped into a tall muscled wall kind of a creature. Well this creature was my boyfriend dressed in a red kurta which looked perfect on him. It was his color.

"What are you doing here and where are you lost?" I asked straightaway perceiving his anxiety.

Roaming his eyes around he pulled me in a corner and whispered, "Why didn't you tell me that your father feels ticklish?"

He complained in a hushed tone, his brows knitted into a frown. His plight was real.

"Was it relevant?" I played cool otherwise he would murder me anytime.

His ass was on fire.

"Are you fu... serious? Nandini, he isn't letting me touch the cloth on his waist. Do you realize how tough it is getting for me to manage?"

I held back my giggle as he pulled his well settled hair in frustration.

"Manik calm down okay. I will talk to papa right now and he won't trouble you. I promise." I caressed my thumb over his lightly stubbled cheek and he sighed helplessly.

"Please do so or I'll run away." He beseeched tiredly and I felt sorry, only a little bit.

"Here you are!" Papa exclaimed and seemed a little irritated. Manik nudged me from behind to speak while papa's stare was fixed on him.

"Papa what is this, you're still not ready? Mumma is all ready and waiting." I chided softly hiding my smile as his face dropped.

"Your mother and his new friend are the main villains of my story." Papa said shooting daggers at Manik who snickered in annoyance.

"Anyways how is she looking? Pretty na? She must be happy too with this marathi wedding and tell her I'm gonna impress her by wearing this attire." Papa said proudly making me smile.

"And for that you've to allow me to tie that dhoti around you. I hope you know that." Manik advised gently. He appeared calmer than before.

"Gudiya what kind of costume designer he is? Chehh!!" Manik fumed at papa's remark and I suppressed my giggle. He was full on teasing mode.

"I. Am. Not. A. Costume. Designer. And you know what get someone else to tie this around your notorious waist." He sulked locking his arms around his chest. Papa winked at me and I was thoroughly enjoying with how the tables had turned.

"Aye white coat! Aisa kya ruthe phupha ban rhe ho. Let's go. I don't have much time already." Manik stared at me with his mouth agape at the weird nickname papa had given him and my expressions weren't different either.