|Twenty-four|

The chapters are new from here.

_______

His eyebrows twitched as his brain was kind of programmed of waking up around six in the morning. He flickered his eyelids few times before opening them wide. He stretched his arms, yawning which died the second he saw her sleeping almost on him and snoring softly.

Watching her serene face he remembered their conversation from last night and a satisfied smile beamed on his face. This morning couldn't have been better. He kissed her head and laid back with a smile, his arms around her sleeping frame.

"Manu!" Nyonika entered his room to wake him up for a jog but was stunned to find Nandini in his bed.

"Shh!" He gestured her to be quiet and tried to detangle the sleeping beauty off him but failed as she groaned and tightened her hold, leaving him flustered.

Nyonika coughed and bit back her smile to see her son flushed and Nandini unbothered. She found them adorable.

"It seems a very good morning." She whispered keeping her face serious.

"Good...good morning mumma. Why did you wake up so early?" He wished fighting his embarassment and forgot about his jogging routine, giving Nyonika another chance to tease him.

"Generally, I find my son ready at this time but today the weather outside seems unfit for jog from your window so I think you will prefer to stay in bed, nai?"

Nyonika stifled her laughter to see Manik brainstorming to come out of the dilemma. "Maa!" He whined looking at her teasing expression making her giggle.

"Fine, I'm going." She raised her hand in surrender.

"I'm happy to not find you sadu anymore." She winked, making him blush more and went away pecking their heads.

An hour passed and Manik did nothing except keeping her close and kissing her head or cheeks time and again. He knew he was whipped and had no problem in accepting it. It was something new for him and he was enjoying it but a mischief popped up in his brain.

Picking his mobile, he played the audio of her snoring on a high volume. Nandini woke up with a jerk hearing the noise and looked up at Manik's face. He was apparently sleeping. She rubbed her eyes and laid back on him to sleep again when the sound died down considering it as her dream.

Grinning wickedly, Manik crawled his fingers towards the phone hidden under the comforter and played the audio again and immediately shut his eyes. Half-awake, Nandini jumped out of his embrace in fear with the sound and sat on his hand in the process that was holding the mobile.

"Oww!" He yelped as the weight on his hand was sudden. Nandini shifted, discovering the source of the scary sound she woke up to.

"Good morning." He said with a half-smile ignoring the glare directed towards him.

"It's too early for you to call it as a 'good' morning." She warned him too sweetly and her face screamed 'you-better-have-a-good-explanation'.

"It's my unique and personal alarm tone." He said with a big fake smile.

"Quite scary I'd add and you were trying to scare me also. Don't lie." She chided snatching his mobile.

"Dara nhi rha tha, bayan kr rha hun kya hua mere sath raat bhar." He said in an accusing tone and making a victimised face. Frowning, she looked on for an explanation.

"This is the sound of your snoring...poori raat, I couldn't sleep because of this." He elaborated over dramatically and rubbing his eyes.

"I don't snore! This must be some autotune." She snapped instantly and threw his phone on his lap. She only snores when she is extremely tired and that wasn't the case last night. There was no way he'd found out about her secret.