Chapter Five.

At the Penthouse

"Whattt?",shouted Kunal mirroring her expressions.

He stood up flabbergasted and said, "Sar pe chott lagi hai uska asar tere dimag pr bhi hua h kya?"

"I haven't gone mad. You said you like him, desperate to bring him home. What should I conclude from this?" Nandini justified her assumptions, glaring at him.

"Tere dimaag wrong direction me hi jaata h. I want to know him, befriend him because I like his friend and she's a girl."

Nandini bit her tongue as he stressed over the last word making her realise her blunder but she covered it with her fake anger, "You like a girl and you didn't even share it with me?! Bas yahi tak thi humari dosti?"

Kunal fell for it, feeling guilty for upsetting his best friend. "Aisa nhi h yar. I don't know her name, toh tujhe kya batata. I've seen her with Dr. Manik and his mother, many times but I just didn't know how to approach her. I'm not sure if she might be his girlfriend."

Girlfriend? Nandini's ears perked hearing the gloom and hesitancy behind his words. She understood his plight as her's was no different. She wanted his assumptions to be false. For her best friend, ofcourse!

"It's okay, Kunal. Maine bhi tujhe nhi btaya ki tu kitna bada idiot hai." Nandini sighed, sounding regretful. Kunal frowned and found her smiling at him, mischievously. She was just pulling his leg, again!.

Picking up the pillow he wanted to hit her but stopped when she looked at him with puppy eyes that could melt any stone and he was just her best friend. He sighed and sat back, crotchetily.

"Sorry Kunnu!" She held her ear and it made him glare at her, harder. He hated that name, his mother called him that only to rile him more.

"Now don't be angry, please. Even you hid it from me, na? We are even and I'll help you know about her."

"Tu kyu meri help kr rhi h?",asked Kunal raising his eyebrows.

"I also want to know ki is he single or not", said Nandini in a go.

Observing his suspicious gaze, she corrected herself. "Umm ...I was talking about the girl. Ab mere dost ki pehli pasand h..aise thodi jaane denge."

"So do you have any plan?" Kunal asked, excited.

"Plan to tb successful hoga when Pa will go back to Delhi. He won't even let me go near Dr. Manik as of now." Nandini muttered grumpily. She wondered if the equation between them had been otherwise.

"Yeh plan hum mere liye bna rhe h ya tere liye?" Kunal's question brought her back to the situation.

"Tere liye duffer but you can't go to him directly and ask about that girl. The only way to approach him is via me aur baaton baaton me mai pta kr lungi wo single h ki nhi and for that, Pa going back to Delhi is important and moreover, I'm okay."

"Again! We have to know about that girl, not his relationship status. He can be in a relationship or engaged, how does it matter to us?"

"It does. Umm...Kunal zyada dimag mt lga. Right now, you've to help me convince Pa, baki ka I'll handle."

Kunal frowned but let it go.

________

A week passed and Nandini was recovering on a good pace. The police was still investigating, it wasn't a high profile case but another simple hit and run. She could convince her parents about her safety. Kunal assured them and Priya supported the children. Work was piling up in Delhi for everyone and Rishab had his college. Nandini couldn't travel and they cannot stay for long. Ram was sceptical but his commitments forced him to move back.