Chapter Fifteen.

"Kunal can you lower down the temperature. It's very hot." Navya requested from the back seat. Hearing this Nandini chortled receiving strange look from everyone except Manik as only he understood the pun behind the word 'hot'.

"Kuch hua kya Nandu jo hume nhi pta?" Cabir asked turning behind with mirth dancing in his eyes. Manik completely ignored the duo like a plague and pretended to be busy in his phone.

"Nhi toh...wo ek joke yaad aagya." Nandini uttered, stifling her laughter and trying to be sober.

"Manik this colour suits you. You should wear this more. It's my favourite colour." Aliya voiced out sweetly leaving a bitter taste in Nandini's mouth.

"Thank you Aliya but I kind of hate this color. Just saying." Manik answered with a tight lipped smile earning frowns from everyone, as he is never rude especially with his friends.

Nandini stealthily nudged him for being outspokenly rude to Aliya as she didn't want him to be considered as wrong.

"I'm sorry Aliya, I just..." Manik apologized seeing her fallen face but didn't have any explanation.

"It's okay." With a small smile Aliya let it go and looked outside but the air became awkward.

Cabir switched on the radio and a romantic song was being played and everyone's mood became better.

"Song itna romantic and see my luck, you are sitting beside me." Cabir muttered in a bored tone, loud enough for Kunal to hear.

"Haan toh peeche ja aur Mauli ko bhej. I would also enjoy more." Kunal taunted back and Cabir gaped at him.

"Aapme itne guts aagye ki aap humari Mauli k sath romance karein?" Cabir teased him oblivious to what happened last night.

"Oh hello, she is my girlfriend okay." Kunal replied, too proud about it while Cabir blinked his eyes multiple times not able to believe.

"Pinch me please." Cabir screamed as Kunal fulfilled his wish.

"Kya hua Cabir?" Navya asked worriedly. Mukti, who was sleeping peacefully on Manik's shoulder woke up with a jerk. Others too became attentive hearing his scream.

"Humara Kunal bada hogya." Everyone stared at him with a strange look and Kunal stopped the car with a screech.

"Cabir, kya mazak hai ye." Manik asked riled up, as Cabir's sudden scream ruffled his feathers and he had to leave Nandini's hand again.

"Manik baba, Kunal proposed Mauli and she accepted." Cabir stated excitedly and Mauli's eyes widened as everyone looked at the new couple with a teasing look. Kunal started the car trying to ignore everyone.

"Wow yar, iska matlab humare group k both the doctors are whipped." Mukti beamed in happiness without realising what she'd divulged.

"Kaun dono doctors Mukti?" Aliya asked confused and Navya mirrored her expressions. Manik exchanged tensed looks with Nandini and Cabir while Mukti bit her tongue.

"Navya...Navya and Mauli, both the doctors of our group. She meant that." Manik explained with a nervous smile giving Mukti a 'I-told-you-to-be-quiet' look.

"Hum aur whipped...kuch bhi." Navya said in a duh tone and rolled her eyes.

"Acha Navya, should I come there and tell you who is whipped." Cabir said naughtily while the latter blushed understanding his meaning.

"Waise Manik what kind of girl do you want for yourself?" Navya poked him from back and all ears were on him. Nandini tried to be insouciant about it but Manik knew her way too well.