|Twenty-three|

Reading through her scepticism, he took a step forward and held out his hand, eyeing her to hold it

Reading through her scepticism, he took a step forward and held out his hand, eyeing her to hold it. Blinking away her tears, she smiled holding that hand and jumped into his arms, mentally cussing herself to even think that he can hate her.

She buried her face in his chest, sobbing harder and his arms were around her providing the solace she longed for.

"Hey!" He forced her to face him but she shook her head, not ready to look in his eyes. She wanted to cry and feel lighter and his arms were her undoing.

Closing the door quietly, he carried her till his room while she clung to him like a baby Koala and they settled down on his bed. He didn't loosen his hold around her and let her cry, understanding that she needs to let out. Giving her the silent support, he rubbed her back soothingly, pecking her head few times in between.

Few minutes passed, he picked up the glass of water and nudged her to drink it, her hiccups slowing down. Staring down at her lap, she drank few sips before giving back the glass.

"You could have directly asked me to not wear this t-shirt if you didn't like it." She frowned and glanced at the spot he pointed at. Her face turned red in embarrassment on finding the area wet and slimy. She quickly cleaned her nose with her sleeve making him chuckle.

"Green color doesn't suit you anyway." She framed an excuse and he couldn't help but smile at her cuteness. Only he knew how much he missed her.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind." He said before whisking out his t-shirt from his head and keeping it aside and adjusting his vest. Clearing her face with his thumb he pulled her to himself and embraced her tightly.

"I missed you." He murmured softly, kissing the top of her head. "I missed you too." Resting her cheek on his bare shoulder, she whispered hoarsely.

"It didn't seem so. You were too busy to talk to me." He complained, staring down at her face.

"I'm sorry." She simply tightened her arms around him, not staring back at him. She was guilty but couldn't stop herself from coming to him.

"Why were you crying?" He asked cautiously, caressing her cheek. She simply parted away and climbed down from his lap, taking a seat on the bed and leaving him muddled.

"I was guilty and scared after everything happened, with the way I purposely avoided you." She answered after a pause, gathering all her courage, staring blindly at her knotted fingers and waiting for him to vent out his anger and push her away.

"Scared of me?" He asked in his deep voice, his brows furrowed meeting each other.

"Scared that you will hate me. It's all my fault, because of me you had to listen to those words and now when you wanted to talk, I backed away like a coward. I'm a mess and in all this I realized, I was simply dragging you along and making you suffer. You don't deserve this Manik, you don't deserve me, you deserve someone better." She finally looked up with tears pooling her eyes but controlled herself to not shed more of them.