Chapter Nine.

Her watch showed fifteen minutes past five and Nandini winded up her work quickly. She was late and strode towards the lift. Aliya was already gone, once again proposing to chill around or a movie marathon. Nandini had to refuse and that made her feel bad. She wasn't ready to disclose about her feelings for Manik, to Aliya or even to him itself for that matter. She didn't want to blurt out something and make him feel awkward. More than her, he needed time to come out of his shell on his own. Till then, she will cherish the bond of friendship they've formed.

Her thoughts were disturbed by snapping of someone's fingers. She looked up and found her boss looking at her with concern. "Are you okay Nandini? I called you twice, even the door of the lift is open." He asked with a frown and she immediately shifted backwards as he was standing too close for her liking.

"Yes sir. I'll leave." She said clearing her throat and entered the lift. He followed her and stood beside her keeping a comfortable distance for which she felt grateful.

"Basement?" He asked her before thumbing the desired button.
"No, ground floor." She said and he nodded pressing the button for ground floor. Manik was already waiting outside the building and had informed her about his arrival via text.

"Your car is generally parked in the basement right?" Aryaman said to initiate the conversation. "Yeah, but today I'm not going in my car." She replied in the shortest way possible.

"Going out with someone?" He again asked and she found him too nosy. Passing formal smiles as he is her boss is fine but she didn't like the way he was intruding in her personal time.

"A friend." She again replied in a clipped tone and acted to be busy in her mobile, showing she is clearly not interested to talk more. The door of the lift opened and she mentally thanked god. Giving him a tight -lipped smile she came out and walked towards the exit.

She saw Manik standing near his bike, wearing a charcoal black shirt, upper three buttons undone, blue denims hugging his thighs and hair perfectly settled. He looked cool and charming, busy in his phone , leaning over his bike seat, feet crossed. She couldn't take her eyes off him.

Manik kept his phone back in his pocket and saw Nandini standing few steps away from him, staring in his direction. He looked around and found no one else other than him and a lopsided smile appeared on his face.

He walked in her direction and cleared his throat.

"Done checking me out madam?" He said raising his eyebrow and smirking at her. She immediately averted her eyes and a blush crept on her face. Her blush was enough for him to know his answer and he found her cute.

"You look more handsome in shirts." She complemented his look without giving much expressions.

"Hott!" Her subconscious exclaimed eyeing him rapturously.

"Is that your final verdict?" He confirmed making her flustered. She had once denied of the very same adjective for him. She nodded slowly, looking away.

"I'm flattered!" He said sighing loudly as he kept his hand on his heart dramatically. She whacked him gently whining at his teasing.

"Toh tumhe pehle kabhi kisi ne nahi kaha." Nandini said biting her gums already red in embarassment with the thoughts running wild in her subconscious.

"Ofcourse kaha hai na, but it didn't matter before." He said totally enjoying her flushed self. And her cheeks displayed a deeper shade of pink.

"Chale?" She said not able to hide her blush and answer him back.

"Excuse me. Hello again Nandini." Aryaman said disturbing their conversation. Her smile vanished seeing him again and her posture stiffened. This was well noticed by Manik.