Chapter Fourteen.

Cabir gobbed out the beer from his mouth when Manik shared that he actually asked Nandini to be his girlfriend. He couldn't say that he proposed her because it was all sudden and simple and he wanted to propose her in a dreamy way. She deserved it.

Currently they both were sitting on the bonnet of Cabir's car and sipping on their second bottle of beer. Manik had called him when he left Nandini's house just as Kunal returned from his dream date.

He could see how shocked she was with his abrupt proposal and that freaked him out. Talking to Cabir seemed the best option to him rather than chewing over his brain and draining himself with all the negative answers.

"Tu mera dost Manik hai na?" Cabir jumped down from the bonnet and scanned his best friend who rolled his eyes at his drama.

"Cabir I'm serious." He stressed, taking another sip from the beer bottle.

"Dude mai bhi. I mean the Manik I know, always plan things right? Then how come this sudden proposal? Chal kya rha hai." He wiggled his brows at Manik who huffed irritatingly with the way Cabir understands him.

"Because I realized dil k maamle mein planning nhi chalti. And I didn't want to lose her yar. When Mukti asked me to choose, it made me realize how special Nandini is for me. In that moment I realised it's impossible for me to choose. And you only said it, speak your heart out before things turn awkward so this is what my heart wanted. I found that moment perfect when she swirled and came back in my arms." Manik verbalized his thoughts with a dreamy sigh and Cabir gaped at him.

"Waah mere sher waah!! Dil khush kr ditta. I never knew that ek serious doctor k andar ek majnu bhi chupa hua hai and the consequences of Aliya's evil move will be so good." He patted his back in appreciation genuinely happy and surprised.

"Don't talk about Aliya. She made my sister cry and I can't imagine Nandini kitna hurt hogi because of all this so keep her out of my picture right now." Manik uttered, irritated with her mere mention.

"So what have you thought to do with her? I mean her intentions aren't good." Cabir raised his brow while Manik sipped on his beer.

"I'd done the prevention but I need to find the cure."

"Kuch aisa bole aap jo iss tuchh prani ko bhi samajh aaye. Ghar me doctor biwi kafi hai." Cabir joined his hands keeping his bottle aside making Manik chuckle.

"I'd advised Mukti to be away from Aliya and I'm thinking to talk to her after we return from Delhi. I don't want to ruin Nandini's function."

"And what if she plans something before you confront her."

"Then I guess she'll have to face me in a way I don't want her to face." Manik shrugged with a frown leaving Cabir in deep thoughts.

"Hmm. Shall I suggest you something?" Cabir asked Manik and the latter gave him a 'when-do-you-started-asking' look.

"Don't be open about your relationship with Nandini at the moment to anyone. Till Aliya's matter doesn't get sorted."

Manik stared at him for a minute and asked after a pause, "Why? I mean I don't even know how Nandini will react to my question. She might turn it down, neither did I plan to announce it as such but purposely hiding, aisa kyu?"

"See all I could conclude from what you told me is, Aliya wanted Mukti to be against you and Nandini or against Nandini and your relation with Nandini. Kuch bhi ho skta and if I'm right then sharing your relationship status with the group might not go well with her. I think keeping it lowkey is best at the moment." Cabir stated what he felt was best for MaNan and Manik seemed to agree with it.